Gran Turismo 4

srtSSsvt121

500+ cars and over 50 tracks is why it took so much, they took information from every vehicle and how each car sounded stock, and with mods. also they researched what mods people put in what car/truck

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a Gran Turismo series fan.  However, I can't believe that it is taking them from July 2001 to February 2005 to deliver the latest game.  It is the best simulator out there, but definitely too long between games.  I was not aware that it would have trucks, which must be considered a novelty-only thing in a road racing game.

I had hoped that this game would take a serious step towards reproducing more actual racetracks in the US.  A big step is knowing the best line through a track.  They are getting so accurate that some kid that has never driven on a particular track will show up on day 1 already knowing the best line and be familiar with every bump that could upset the car.

Rick R

It sounds like you want a simulation type game like gtr that is about as realistic of a racer you can find to date.Gran turismo is a arcade game always has, always will be there sim mode in gran turismo is like noob level in gtr.

The point about the game taking so long, good glad to see atleast one company unlike ea or 70% of the other gaming companys who would just rush out a unfinished pos to make a quick buck. They would rather take there time and get it right the first time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard any more on the release date?  Already have it?  Itching to buy.

Last release date i heard was around middle feb i think, but has probably changed again.One thing i did hear is that it will not be a online compatible game which is a huge disappointment to most people that were waiting for this title.

Nope. Pushed back again to 3/14/2005.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236416.asp

If they wait until mid-July, it will be a nice even 4 years since GT3 came out :smash:

Not sure if it has online or not. The Japanese version that came out last month had online.

Rick R

my good friend works at EB Games and he always tells me they are pushing it back.. Its not due out till mid-march now with speculation of even more delays.. But once its out im going to be the first one in line to get one.

We started production of it last week. Don't know when it will be released though. :dunno:

:confused: Production of what?

I really love GT3 and can't wait for GT4. :thumbs:

My Wife won't be happy :cry:

Rick R

Production of GT4 I work for Sony. I feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes.

Blown94Cobra,

Do you know if they will have a view in GT4 that is in the cockpit looking out the windshield? That is the only complaint I have about GT3. The best view they have in GT3 is from the front bumper with the tach and the speedometer shown at the bottom.

Archived