Do you think?

TWISTERSS

:thumbs: I am new here and I see that everyone is talking about supercharging this and modding that. I think it is great that there is so much excitement for the SS. I do not as of yet own one, but plan on it when I hit me retirement fund. (the lottery). :cheers: My question is, do any of you SS owners or wannabe owners, (like me), think there is a market for drive off the showroom type performance like you are talking about, e.g... supercharged, headers, intake, exhaust? Even if it would cost 5 to 8 thousand more? I think a 150 horsepower gain would be worth it. :chevy:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Chevy should have done exactly what they did. Produce a very practical truck that is fast. It's the only one out there with an ext cab. It is, however, unfortunate IMHO that they chose not to offer the higher performance parts as an option just like an upgraded radio etc. They would have had the best of both worlds. A semi fast practical truck for those who wanted that and a screamer for the folks that wanted to pay extra that level of performance. As it is now they are losing all those sales to aftermarket suppliers.

Just my .02 cents.

I paid 36K for the SS, and then another 6K for the supercharger, so if I could have had it from the factory that way, it would have been better still. Especially if the engine was setup for a blower in the first place, lower compression, forged rods & pistons. So what would they call it, the SS-S ? :D

yeah, i do have many opinions, but i'm not sure what automotive world your from because low 15's sure isn't fast. we've all agreed for the most part the truck does everything pretty well, but most everyone would like to have had more power to start with. well, that's part of it being the ss, it should have had the power to start with, not leaving owners wishing it had a bit more...

zippy, I am from the automotive world that says, you go by what feels good. Period. I don't take my truck to the track. I could care less how fast it does the quarter mile in. I could also care less if it beats a Lightening or a new Dodge. I like it and that's why I bought it. Do I wish it was supercharged? Yes. I'm even going to have that done. I, too, wish it had been done at the factore but it wasn't so I got over it. But, bottom line, compaired to other Silverados and F150's it's fast. That's all I was talking about.

Every person considers fast something different. If you wanted a SS to compete with a lightning then you prob wouldnt think the SS was fast. On the other hand if you have driven a Astro Van and bought this truck you would think it was fast.

yeah, i do have many opinions, but i'm not sure what automotive world your from because low 15's sure isn't fast. we've all agreed for the most part the truck does everything pretty well, but most everyone would like to have had more power to start with. well, that's part of it being the ss, it should have had the power to start with, not leaving owners wishing it had a bit more...

The Bottom line is for an Ext Cab truck with AWD and all those other pounds, it is fast. FOr this truck and the weight class it falls in, it is fast. :smash:

Archived