Do you think?

TWISTERSS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do notice the members that like me so much are fairly new. my reason is indisclosed although i have held off the purchase of my ordered 03' for the possibility that the 04' regular cab might be released (although probably mid year). i'm helpfull to some when the question is a good question and comment nicely on things i feel are done correctly. forum's are all about comments and opinions as well as info. owning an ss sure doesn't make anyone capable of having the information some people need, i have most of it and what i don't have i can get. i also have my opinion people like so much.... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Zippy, lets get for real here. We're talking about a truck that hasn't forgotten to function as a truck. You can tow your boat with it, transport a load of bricks home fom Lowe's, get you to work in a snow storm, and haul the kids to grandma's. It does all this with performance figures that not to long ago were in sports car territory. I had a '89 Corvette that had an amazing 250hp. Remember the early 90's Mustang that had an amazing 225hp or wasn't that found to be closer to 205hp. These "sports cars" had 0-60 times in the low 6 sec. range. Close to the SS figures Ive seen. I couldn't tow the boat with the 'Vette, and it definately wasn't any fun in the snow or rain for that matter. So let's get some perspective about what's "fast" for a truck. Especially one the retains all of it's truckish utility. That's my middle aged 2 cents worth.

• 4 weeks later...

you guy need to check out the CST website.CST

They are selling supercharged SS trucks for around $44K. They come with the supercharger, headers, exhaust, and a lot of other stuff all from Arizona Speed And Marine, and all covered under warranty.

Lee, you live in phoenix, have you heard of them? If i buy the ss, that is where i will be going.

Shane

99Z, Yeah, I know just who they are. Dlrship is about 12 miles from me. Would I get one from them? No. Reason, they are doing what you and I can do directly if you live here. So why not cut out the middleman? When I talked to the guys at Magna a few weeks ago I asked them for a list of QUALIFIED installers for their product in the Phx. area. AZ Speed and Marine (480-573-0208) was one of them. As it turns out that's who this dlr. is using to install the s-chgr. And you KNOW they are going to pack the install with some addition profit for themselves. So, bottom line, if you life in this area call AZ Speed directly. Save a buck or two (or was that 1 800 C-O-L-L-E-C-T) Anyway, :thumbs:

Ahhhh this is great! I agree with most of you. A truck isn't 2 wheel drive. Also, I had a two seater 4x4 and only dreamed of an extended cab for many, many reasons. It just isn't practical... Unless of course you have an extra 35k to blow on another ride. Sure, I don't mind giving up a little performance for a practical truck! It's not all about performance. If it was why buy a pickup? First of all I have more than 1 friend. I also have a wife and son. It does snow here and I do have belongings that just cant be in a truck bed. The list goes on and on....

Maybe when it's paid off I will supercharge it, headers, exhaust, chip ect.... But for now 345 hp in a 4 door pickup is stylin. Fits my personallity to a "T".

ps... passed a lightning coming down the mountain today.. F'n thing sounded sweeeeet..

:thumbs:

Couldn'd agree more, Hunter. I love the Lightnings but this truck does it all for me. I just don't need anything with only two seats anymore. Did that when I was younger. :thumbs:

Archived