Lee's SS

Lee

:D

Lee

I've owned two Red trucks and have gotten more tickets with them than all the other vechiles combined. I remeber reading somewhere that Red vechelies are the most ticketed of any color, has something to do with Red being the Fastest color of the Light spectrium ( the human eye see's it first).

just my 2cents

Nice Ride :flag::cool::thumbs:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danman,

Unfortunately, that's true about all red vehicles. Cops do see them first. Even with that knowledge, my last three trucks have been red. My family thinks I need to get a life when it comes to colors on vehicles but tickets and cops be damned, I like red trucks. :D I live in AZ where you can go to "Defensive Driving School" to get rid of the ticket (it will not show up ANYWHERE) if you attend this all day school. You can only go every two years so if you get more tickets than that....tough s***. I have lived in Phoenix for just over 6 years. Have been to that school 3 TIMES!!! :jester: I could TEACH it at this point. That's cool. I like to drive fast and I pay the band for that desire. :P

Thanks for the kudos on my ride................did you notice it was red, Dan? :cool:

Lee

Hey Bo,

Thanks for the compliments.

Per this zippy guy. I just ignore him. So do most others around here. And no, he doesn't have an SS. He's a wannbe claiming he's waiting for next year when Chevy brings out the "real SS" reg. cab model to compete with the Lightening. :sleep: That's his excuse anyway. Who cares.

Anyway, I got your email and just sent you a long reply. If you havent' already, check you inbox. :thumbs:

You know this whole SS vs. Lightning vs. R/T debate is really about like comparing Apples, Oranges and Bananas and is making me quite tired. To me life is not just a drag race. When I get to "turn one" that AWD sticks my truck to the road like it's on rails. And, I get to drive fast, look cool, be safer and have the kids in the back on my way back from The Home Depot. I loved my '90 SS454, but when I had kids, I had no room for them, plus it did not handle like the dream this new SS is. I drive on the street more than the strip and I for one love to drive fast through a sharp curve and this SS is exactly what I wanted. I could not be happier with it. I think it would be great if Chevy does a regular cab RWD in the coming years again for those who are looking for that, but when they do, those Ford and Dodge people may have to turn down the volume a little, 'cause I remember who could'nt keep up with my little SS454 back in the day.

I'll keep my Chevy,

ChevelleBoy

Gene,

I got your email and sent a reply w/ all the information this morning.

Per installation and fit. It was very easy to install Gene. This company did an extremely good job with the fit and finish. I honestly don't know how they do it considering all the different cars, trucks and models for each there are in the world - and they have a dash kit for ALL of them.

Anyway, check them out and if I can answer any more questions drop me an mail.

Lee

Thanks, SS. I see by your borders you also play around with PS (or some similar photo editing program). They look great. I was an advertising photographer many moons ago until I career changed and started a landscape design and installation co. The money in advertising photography was fantastic but I got tired of living my life in a dark studio all day. I LOVE being outside.

I still love photography as a hobby and since digital photography I think I died and went to heaven. When I was doing it for a living there were no such things as digital cameras and photo editing on home computers. Only thing more fun than doing that is driving "big red" too fast. :D

Per the out of focus background. Truth be known we did not have clouds in the sky that day either. :D Hell, I live in Phoenix. We NEVER have clouds in the sky here. :P

Archived