Lee's SS

Lee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

commenting on your truck has nothing to do with respect. if you can't take criticism then why would you post a pick? did you think no one would comment about it? i personally don't care who you bought it for, your driving it, you own it, where would you get the idea i don't think you'd want to? the genius with the towing issue is one of them people that says the other guy thinks he know's everything if someone use's logic to prove his theory wrong. adding assist steps for the sake of looks huh, i thought that was only done on vehicles with brushguards etc... the woodgrain, well even some people like golf pants...:) this forum is a great thing and if you haven't noticed, forums aren't for everyone to pat you on the back. when somethings good, i say it, but not afraid to point out when something isn't. :smash:

Twister,

Thanks for the kudos, buddy. To answer your question. Yes, the tires were changed also as that wheel is 22." The tires are now F305/45 110H Ziex S/TX 04. It's a very wide tire as well as being larger in diameter. The snaps don't do that mod justice. It's really quite striking in person.

Lee--the wheels are awesome. I'm performing a complete copycat move and ordering a set this week. I had my heart set on chroming the factory ones until I saw yours; they are the first ones I've seen that I like on the SS. Umm, nobody tell my wife. Do you think she'll notice?

Zippy--I'm not wild about the woodgrain either, but I don't see the need for disparaging remarks about someone else's tastes. We can disagree without the put-downs.

schklege,

Thanks, buddy. I'm sure you'll love the wheels as much as I do. Pictures don't do them justice. It totally transforms the vehicle.

As far as, "do you think she'll notice?" Hmm, only if she sees almost five grand missing. Make sure your health insurance is paid up, okay. :jester:

Zo6

Thanks, guy. Per programming the computer for the bigger wheels. Not yet. :D Gotta watch myself around cops as I know my speedo is off and I don't know exactly how much. It shouldn't be that much but.....some cops hold you to the wire on speed limits - especially if you drivin' a bright red whatever. They loooooove red vehicles. :uhoh:

I had a programmer but sold it with my '99 Silverado. It worked with 5.3L and 6L engines. I didn't have the new truck when the old one sold so I couldn't correct for tire size before it "let the building."

I'll wait until I get it supercharged and make all the corrections at one time.

Archived