Combat Cash is paying off!

Orion231

2005 SSS Black... The color choice is mine, it has to match my GN. :cool: I made it back home to the states, and thanks to Ron Pauley, I'll be flying up to Iowa to pick up the new 05 around the first of the year! I can't wait! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

:cool: I can't wait to get it, but I am just curious... Every race engine I have built. I break it them in. It's an easy method of driving it in first then letting it decel (RPM around 4k), then second, then third... Then just drive it. How does GM put these engines together? I'm real picky about my vehicles so it may seem redundant to some, but I like to break things in before I put the hammer down. I also noticed that everyone is either going with the Volant intake or the K&N... Which is better? That will be the first mod.

the best way i can recomend to break it in is to drive it fairly hard, but not from a standing start. no low rpm under high load. try to keep constant highway speeds from happening. run the hell out of it basicly, but not from a dead stop. once you hit 50 miles, go easy on it from 50-500. after 500, drive it like you normally would.

the best way i can recomend to break it in is to drive it fairly hard, but not from a standing start. no low rpm under high load.  try to keep constant highway speeds from happening. run the hell out of it basicly, but not from a dead stop. once you hit 50 miles, go easy on it from 50-500. after 500, drive it like you normally would.

Alrighty... Zippy, for the first 50 miles, what do you reccomend. Going through the gears like I mentioned? Also, Zippy what oil do you run? Thanks for the help guys, in a couple days I'll be making a road trip to pick her up. :flag:

Well I drove to Iowa from Texas in a Hertz "Skate Board on Wheels" or Ford Focus... Stayed overnight in Omaha, and Jay from Jay Olesen Chevrolet INC. picked me up the next morning to go get the truck. I walked in and there she was... Love at first sight. :cool: I really really enjoyed driving it back. Rides smooth, but has excellent handling. I am very impressed with these trucks. They are not over done with badges and stickers and markings. It's just right. Hats off to Ron Pauley and Jay, they really got me what I wanted! I drove it back and bought the K&N FPIK for it and put it on. Much better throttle response and I could tell a little difference but the kit is clean and installs quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived