Here's some scoop!

Nope, I'm not dead - sorry.

Here are a couple articles-in-progress:

1) Optimum radix pulley study on a Silverado SS. The goal is to have a controlled test where pulley sizes from 2.7" to 3.5 inch are dyno tested. The catch is that each pulley will have its personally optimized programming. Hopefully, this will give each pulley size a fair shot.

a. We'll test the stock radix superchips prgramming with the 3.5 inch pulley. Then we'll optimize the tuning to show what the 3.5 inch is capable of.

b. We'll test each pulley size from about 3.25 inch to 2.7 inch in about 0.1 inch decrements. Each pulley will have its tuning optimized.

Dyno testing will be used to determine the improvement each pulley can provide.

2) OBD II programming. The goal is to introduce OBD II tuning based on the HP Tuners product. We will be working with a relatively stock Silverado SS as a test mule. The article will touch upon the available flags, constants, and tables available for tuning. An abbreviated tuning method will be introduced. (LS1 edit has similar tables and the same approach can be used.) Finally, dyno results for before and after tuning to show what you can do with DIY tuning.

3) Part 5 to the Sivlerado SS series is still being considered. The potential mods are suspension, brakes, and perhaps some HP improvements. To evaluate the suspension mod, we want to run before and after skidpad testing. The biggest hurdles are finding a level paved spot in Pa. that doesn't have light posts, the owners will actually give us permission to use, and hopefully the spot is in a town that doesn't have an arrest warrant for us.

Could you provide some links for good aftermaker TBs for the SS.

BlackSS13,

Follow this link http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/. Subscription link is on the top left of the page.

TurbochargedBerserker,

Were you thinking suspension tuning for better 60 foot times? I was leaning toward biasing the suspension tuning toward improving the twisties.

Hank,

Originally Part 4 was slated for the next issue but it was pushed back a couple months.

TurbochargedBerserker,

Were you thinking suspension tuning for better 60 foot times?  I was leaning toward biasing the suspension tuning toward improving the twisties.

I was thinking of that tight line between good 60's and fast at the other end. Seems like it will be different in an AWD vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, I'd also love to see an article on the twisty bits.

While you're at it, could you come up with a way I can switch suspensions with a little 12v switch? :)

dylanvonkleist,

We tested the new Volant in Part 4 (to be issued) we saw an improvement over the stock air box with the K&N. I talked with Aaron at Outlaw about the upcoming outlaw vs volant testing. I told Aaron what we had to do to make the new Volant fit with the radix.

SSBeaumont,

Supercharged SS - April 04

Supercharged SS - Part 2 - November 04

Supercharged SS - Part 3 - January 05

styleandspeed,

Thanks for the links!

Archived