installing bowtie

I got a polished bowtie for Christmas from my brother and I'm not sure how to install it (no directions)  :banghead: .  How is the factory bowtie installed and once it is removed, will there be holes for the aftermarket bowtie to bolt right in?

Doug

Pop the hood. Remove black cover over radiator. Pull on both ends of the bar that runs between the headlights and running lights. They are clips. Pop right in and out. This removes the entire grill. The bowtie has two compression clips. The new bowtie bolts right in. You should have washers and bolts with the bowtie.

:chevy: This is the scoop - my C&C Shop has increased my cost so high that it will not pay to do the extra work to make the SS Bowtie's. I have about 20 left and will sell them with color. I am looking for another C&C Shop that can help me. But your correct, it may be then end.

It's interesting, the C&C shop that was supplying me is now making and selling them as well however they don't look to be polished very well!

Anyway - stay tunned, its not over until its over!

• 3 weeks later...
This is the scoop - my C&C Shop has increased my cost so high that it will not pay to do the extra work to make the SS Bowtie's. I have about 20 left and will sell them with color. I am looking for another C&C Shop that can help me. But your correct, it may be then end.

I go to Linn State Tech College here in Missouri and they have a shop for the students to learn so what would it take to get a copy of the autocad drawings for the bowtie.

Thanks Cobb

Archived