EFI Live's FlashScan is now available

m396 #00-011

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok  i am confused.  i have the efilive v6 verson with bi directional controls.  i guess i can upgrade it,  thier website is kinda confusing to me.  witch dont take much :dunno:

As SinisterSS said, if you already have v6 Pro (bi-control), then the upgrade to FS is only $199 for a limited time (w/ 4 license too!). After that, I believe the price goes up some, and you only get two licenses.

I believe the deal is only good through Jan. Get in now!

ok here is NOOB question

what is this i know its a pcm tuner but does it hook up to the computer via usb after this thing

flashscan_cd.jpg

.The price is very good compared to Ls1edit.How does it compare to it though. sorry for the stupid Q's i didnt search for it because i figured it was new so there wouldnt be much info on it.

For the noobs and the ?'s.

EFI Live was the "SH!T" when it came to data logging software. It is a very powerful tool, that for me, has paid for itself many times over. The finally tried their hand at programming software. Granted, since it hasn't shipped yet, it not truely proven besides some Beta testing. But if it is anything like their other software offering, they should pretty much put the others out of business.

Edit was a cool tool, the first of it's kind. HPT came along and offered a nice program, and some nice perks at a competitive price. But the logging software behind HPT is severly lacking compared to EFI Live. They will become the new standard, even though they were late to the game.

Updates previously have been free, their forum and support is second to none, and they are always perfecting and adding in new features. Heck, FlashScan now has viewable options that even a TechII can't read!

Do I sound a little enthusiastic? It will really be that good.

I was just about to take up HP tuners on their upgrade offer - send in my LS1 Edit and Autotap/EFI and get HPT for $150 or something like that.

Now, I think I'll get the EFIv7/flashscan for $199 upgrade. Bonus - I get to keep my existing EFIv6 cable and my LS1 Edit.

* I really LOVE the EFIv6 application for logging. Its so much better than my old autotap V1 was. I really didn't want to give it up for HPTuners.

does flashscan program right through the ALDL?

Through the obdII port under the dash, just like Edit, and HPT.

nice. last i knew edit had to be done with the pcm out on these trucks... :confused:

So how do the features on this compare to ls1edit and hptuners.Can i do all the same things? i am looking to pick up a tuning tool for the SS just not sure where to invest yet

Archived