EFI Live's FlashScan is now available

m396 #00-011

ok here is NOOB question

what is this i know its a pcm tuner but does it hook up to the computer via usb after this thing

flashscan_cd.jpg

.The price is very good compared to Ls1edit.How does it compare to it though. sorry for the stupid Q's i didnt search for it because i figured it was new so there wouldnt be much info on it.

That is the little black box they speak of. Evidently you can use it to log data and then transfer it to your laptop or PC. It alleviates the need to have your laptop in the vehicle while you are logging data. You can't write to the PCM with the black box though.

OF course don't quote me on this info.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does flashscan program right through the ALDL?

Through the obdII port under the dash, just like Edit, and HPT.

nice. last i knew edit had to be done with the pcm out on these trucks... :confused:

yeah thats what i thought. have they came out with a update??

does flashscan program right through the ALDL?

Through the obdII port under the dash, just like Edit, and HPT.

nice. last i knew edit had to be done with the pcm out on these trucks... :confused:

Yes, for the trucks, but it was never intentional. All other LS1 Edit flashes run through this port.

ok here is NOOB question

what is this i know its a pcm tuner but does it hook up to the computer via usb after this thing

flashscan_cd.jpg

.The price is very good compared to Ls1edit.How does it compare to it though. sorry for the stupid Q's i didnt search for it because i figured it was new so there wouldnt be much info on it.

That is the little black box they speak of. Evidently you can use it to log data and then transfer it to your laptop or PC. It alleviates the need to have your laptop in the vehicle while you are logging data. You can't write to the PCM with the black box though.

OF course don't quote me on this info.

See those little orange connectors with the wires coming out? Those are for the two wideband O2 sensors and thermocouple. You can record nearly 30 minutes of data with no laptop. All you need is the little black box and the cable running to the ODB2 port.

For programming the PCM, the black box is in between the two cables running from the OBD2 port to the USB on a laptop. :cheers:

Am I to understand correctly that I can do my own programming with this set up? Am I able to take it to the dyno shop and log and download info into the PCM to make changes.

I dont like to keep sending my PCM back across the US to make changes and leave my truck undrivable for over a week.

If so what is all needed?

Thanks Wizard

Just wondering, would it be possible for me and a few other ak guys to pitch in and buy one flashscan package ($699.99) and being that it comes with 4 licenses right now, be able to tune our trucks? is it legal? is it possible to do? :dunno:

Am I to understand correctly that I can do my own programming with this set up?  Am I able to take it to the dyno shop and log and download info into the PCM to make changes. 

I dont like to keep sending my PCM back across the US to make changes and leave my truck undrivable for over a week.

If so what is all needed?

Thanks Wizard

A laptop, usually, but that's not even needed anymore. A wideband o2 sensor, and you can even forget about going to the dyno! Unless, ofcourse, your looking for bragging rights. ;)

Just wondering, would it be possible for me and a few other ak guys to pitch in and buy one flashscan package ($699.99) and being that it comes with 4 licenses right now, be able to tune our trucks? is it legal? is it possible to do?  :dunno:

Yeah, you could do this, but it's best to just find 3 other ls based vehicles in your neighborhood. You have to send the cable out and around, and I for one, would want it with me..... ;)

well, i dont really know much about tuning so maybe me n the guys can get together and do it.. and unlike a lot of other guys living in the same state, us ak guys live in the same city, and live considerably close to each other.. so i dont mind... i dunno bout the others though... :dunno:

Just wondering, would it be possible for me and a few other ak guys to pitch in and buy one flashscan package ($699.99) and being that it comes with 4 licenses right now, be able to tune our trucks? is it legal? is it possible to do?  :dunno:

On their site it looked to me like there were only 2 licenses included, and it was $99 for each after that. Is that right, or is there a special promotion that I am missing. Also, is this VIN locked, or is it model specific like HPtuners?

Aaron

On their site it looked to me like there were only 2 licenses included, and it was $99 for each after that. Is that right, or is there a special promotion that I am missing. Also, is this VIN locked, or is it model specific like HPtuners?

Aaron

If your order is in before midnight Jan. 10 (today) EFILive is throwing in two more licenses for a total of four. EFILive is VIN locked. The plus side is you can download any supported LSx engine for free without using up a license (Vettes, F-bods, Trucks, etc.) and look at the tune from those vehicles. A VIN license is only used when you actually flash a PCM.

Aaron

If your order is in before midnight Jan. 10 (today) EFILive is throwing in two more licenses for a total of four. EFILive is VIN locked. The plus side is you can download any supported LSx engine for free without using up a license (Vettes, F-bods, Trucks, etc.) and look at the tune from those vehicles. A VIN license is only used when you actually flash a PCM.

Actually, the site says for one calendar month after FS starts shipping is the "limited time" on 4 license and special price.

Archived