need volunteers

My next Silverado SS article may be on hold until we get a volunteer. In this article we will "determine" the optimum pulley size for the radix. Nelson Performance is doing the grunt work. Allen Nelson will provided a custom tune for each pulley size from 2.7 ish to 3.3 ish in 0.1 inch steps. This procedure gives each pulley a fair shot. Right now, we have a test mule, but we are having some problems with the scheduling. The tuning for each pulley is done. Now each combination needs dyno'ing. We have one more shot with the current test mule, and if it doesn't work out, I'd like to get a volunteer from this site.

I'd like to get a SS with headers, exhaust, airbox, and a radix. The owner will get their truck picture in the article, their name in the article body, keep the best tune/pulley combo.

Please recognize that there are some risks that you must accept. The front drive shaft will be removed for dyno'ing, and there is always the unknown factor. This process may take 2 days over a weekend (one day for tuning and one day for dyno'ing), and the sooner-the-better. The truck will have to be taken to Allen's place in Texas. Here is Nelson Performance's info:

Nelson Performance

25136 Rawhide (new address from original post)

San Antonio, TX 78227

(210) 626-0278

www.nelsonperformance.com

Please post if you are interested and your mod list. I'll keep everyone updated.

My next Silverado SS article may be on hold until we get a volunteer.  In this article we will "determine" the optimum pulley size for the radix.  Nelson Performance is doing the grunt work.  Allen Nelson will provided a custom tune for each pulley size from 2.7 ish to 3.3 ish in 0.1 inch steps.  This procedure gives each pulley a fair shot.  Right now, we have a test mule, but we are having some problems with the scheduling.  The tuning for each pulley is done.  Now each combination needs dyno'ing.  We have one more shot with the current test mule, and if it doesn't work out, I'd like to get a volunteer from this site.

I'd like to get a SS with headers, exhaust, airbox, and a radix.  The owner will get their truck picture in the article, their name in the article body, keep the best tune/pulley combo. 

Please recognize that there are some risks that you must accept.  The front drive shaft will be removed for dyno'ing, and there is always the unknown factor.  This process may take 2 days over a weekend (one day for tuning and one day for dyno'ing), and the sooner-the-better.    The truck will have to be taken to Allen's place in Texas.  Here is Nelson Performance's info:

Nelson Performance

107 Westoak

San Antonio, TX  78227

(210) 626-0278

www.nelsonperformance.com

Please post if you are interested and your mod list.  I'll keep everyone updated.

Can you please correct that address, Allen is no longer leasing a stall at our shop.

JAG Performance

Thank You

I have a customer that may be intrested. Maybe we could work something out with wheel to wheel in Detroit for dyno testing. That way we could use there all wheel drive dyno that can accomidate the SS. I would do it only if we could compare the Nelson tune to a DP racing tune on every pulley though.

I'd be tempted to try this out. My truck has everything you want, but I think I'm over qualified. I have a mild cam, intake, intercooler upgrades, I'm running a 2.75" pulley and do my own tuning. Of course it would look good for the article if we can push 500 rwhp, so over qualified may be just fine.

Now if you want to supply the pulleys and help me get a reputable shop in the Dallas /Ft Worth area to assist with dyno tuning, I'll be your test mule. I have the tuning ready and I'm not scared of the driveshaft issue. I suggest 21st Century Musclecars, who is a local Lingenfelter authorized shop that has plenty of experience with dyno tuning the Magnuson blowers.

Let me know, I'm flexible and can get it done as soon as arrangements are made.

Richard

I am interested and know Allen pretty well. Just depends on when he wants to do it. He has already tuned mine in his old location with a stock Radix pulley, a 3.0 and a 2.75 so he knows my truck pretty well. The removal of the front driveshaft kind of worries me though.

Let me get this straight! You want us to volunteer our trucks for a chevy high performance magazine article but if something breaks we are on our own? the least you can do is find an AWD dyno for this guys to prevent anything from happening. Or at least offer some kind of warranty. This trucks are not cheap you know!!. What's in it for us besides a posiible transfer case failure and the picture/name in the magazine. I dont know guys...I appreciate my truck way too much to be guinea pig with no warranty :chevy: . IMO CHP can afford to buy a couple of SSS for testing if they wanted to.

Archived