FINAL ROLL CALL

The last confirmation thread got a little long so being that we leave 2 weeks from tomorrow lets get a final list together. I'll keep this updated... I don't want any "I was gonna go, but...." or "wish I could go" posts. :nono: I want this count to include everyone that booked under the hotel promo AND the people staying elsewhere.

Secondly, those of us who are caravaning to Vegas from So Cal when/where do we want to leave? It'd be nice to beat the heat going thru the desert, but we don't want to get there too early for check in. My house is less than 2 minutes from the 15 freeway so I figued we'd meet somewhere around here, but I'm open to suggestions :dunno:

1. 56chevywagon + wife (Andrea)

2. Dylanvonkleist + wife (Amanda)

3. WickedSS + the new husband

4. Derek von Kleist + girlfriend (Julie)

5. AZFastest + signifigant other???

6. 04Chase + girlfriend???

7. Rob (dodge cummings)

8. Jchitwo + ???

9. skc2121 (lives in Vegas)

10. Adams2003 WILL NOT BE ATTENDING

11. bulldog002

12. slimsoftball (unconfirmed)

C'mon guys... nothing says you have to stay the whole time... make it a day trip on Saturday and meet up with us. Only 11 members showing up for a meet in Vegas is PATHETIC considering we had a dozen at the LA meet :banghead:

I'm also going to be posting an open ended invite over on LS1tech and GMFullsize to see if any of those guys are interested in meeting up. :cheers:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALMOST FORGOT:

anyone attending the caravan to vegas who has a 2 way radio or walkie-talkie let me know. I'm going to pick up some cheap motorola sets (less than 2 mile range) so we can keep in touch during the drive and I already have a long range motorola we can use to scan police frequencies... whose up for 100+ thru the desert? :devil:

This should be good, I'm gettin really excited about taking a vacation... I'ts been too long. I'll be up there with about 15+ friends but I'm not sure if they wanna hang out with a bunch of truck crazy guy's... It'll be a lot of fun either way...and for anyone who's out there early I should be there on the 31st visiting some of my war buddies... so let me know well get beers....

LV-MapTemplate-March-04.gif

Here's a map for anyone not familiar with the area...

The meet is the 3rd thru the 5th of June in Las Vegas. You're on your own for a room at this point b/c the group discount for the Hilton expried already.

Midnite Madness drag racing is at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway from 10pm - 2am on Friday after we get there. Its an open track night, but hopefully it won't be too crowded.

I'm down for the caravan..just let me know where to meet you guys and we'll be there! My nerves are so shot from wedding stuff that I'll agree to just about anything that doesn't involve colors, flowers, cakes, in-laws, shoes or rings. As far as two-ways I have a Nextel..but I don't think thats what you guys are referring to.

3. WickedSS + the new husband

He's not that YET...as of June 4th you can call him that, you guys are marrying me off already :D

DAMN! I can't believe I'm getting MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy::crazy:

We have a set of two way radios (if we can find them). They are not the best. We are definately up for the caravan. We were thinking of leaving our house in Chula Vista around 6am. That way we should beat some of the really bad San Diego traffic and hopefully the heat. You know, the Krispy Kreme store is not a bad place to meet again :P . Just let us know.

Cody and Andrea :D

10 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE FOR VEGAS!!! :cheers:

Looks like we have a solid 10 people for the trip... the rest of these little girls can sit at home while we party like rockstars in sin city. :devil:

We'll be departing June 3rd from Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario area. Figured that the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop is a good place to 'fuel up' before we hit the road so we'll meet in that parking lot.

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

4485 Mills Circle

Ontario, CA 91764 US

I was thinking we could plan a poker run... but theres really no where to stop along the way so thats out... but I have decided we're going to "GAMBLE FOR GAS" :D Heres what I came up with:

~Everyone needs to fill up before we get on the 15 as a group

~Everyone will need to reset their average mpg on the DIC

~Buy in will be $20-$50 per truck

~No resets allowed on the way to Vegas

~Once we arrive eveyone needs to report thier average MPG

~Best average will get the pot

~Worst mileage will get their money back (they'll need it more than the rest of us)

~Any ties will have to settle it on the track that night :driving:

anyone else have ideas for some fun along the way?

Archived