She lives again!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Ben.  It's been a long time coming.  :thumbs:

Any idea what kind of power you'll be making when she's all dialed in?

When it's dialed in, I would guesstimate it at 500+hp. Hopefully :P

goddamn BEN!!! 500+ n/a?? what do you got done? I'm curious cause i think our parts eventually ended up being very similar. I know Erik got 550ish with the Turbo on.

I did take a couple of pics with the valve covers off, but other than that it does look stock. The pics are on my camera at home and I won't be back there for 6 weeks.

I was able to get about 160 miles on it before I had to leave to head north. Tuning will have to continue at a later time. Changed the oil after 100 miles and put regular 10W30 in. It only had SAE 30, no detergent, for break-in. Oil looked good.

It's running pretty good. Seems to be settling out some more, although it has started to surge a little when coming to a stop. I have a small exhaust leak I need to take care of underneath.

I also pulled a plug just before I put the cover back on. It looked pretty. There was a little carbon on the thread ring surface, but other than that, it looked brand new.

Good work Ben. Very glad to hear that it is all working good.

Are you still going to move?

CD

Thanks.

Tuesday I head to Rhode Island for 6 weeks for a school. After that, I'm off to Norfolk, VA for 3 years. The wife is staying here. The Navy calls it a geographical bachelor. Her job is good enough to where I wouldn't have to work when I retire. So, the plan as of right now, is for her to keep it and the house, then come back here after I retire. That is at least 3 yrs from now (retirement).

Are you headed to (already there) the Naval War College in Newport?

If so, enjoy it buddy. It is beautiful out there. :thumbs:

Man, I miss home sometimes!

Ben, I'm really happy to hear the truck is running again and running well at that. I'm sure you can tame the surging issue with a little time. Is your wife driving it any while you are out of town?

Question for the day:

How does the big N/A motor compare to your old LQ9 with Radix?

Hey Ben... !!!

I've been "out of the loop" lately... Glad to hear you're up and running!

Didn't realize it been that long.

Drama with the job, IBM sux, etc. etc. etc...

Glad to hear all is well..

I got the SS out tonight for the first time in 2 weeks... :uhoh:

Had a blast! Scared the $hit out of Michelle... Forgot how much fun it is... :D

Glad to hear you're up and runing buddy!

WW :cool:

Ben, I'm really happy to hear the truck is running again and running well at that.  I'm sure you can tame the surging issue with a little time.  Is your wife driving it any while you are out of town?

Question for the day:

How does the big N/A motor compare to your old LQ9 with Radix?

Richard - hadn't seen you on here in a while.

The wife will only be giving it a crank and idle for a while, while I'm gone. She likes the choppy lope better than I do believe it not and really wanted to drive it, but thought better of it, I guess.

Hard to say at this point how it compares to my old combo. The throttle response is much better. Very torquey. Hadn't really pushed it much - yet. 11.3:1 CR is very nice.

Archived