408 power

zippy

Its just hard to make these heavy ass trucks that go down the road, they are like a school bus. I really was thinking that I would pickup over a sec on all motor but it didn't happen. I am still working on getting faster but it is going to cost alot of money. I do want to run 10s and if I have to go 2wd I will but I am thinking it will take over 900 hp to run 10s on these trucks if it can lose some weight.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's ok, you and erik are going to prove us wr**g from what i understand. i expect it should be cool meanwhile kurt keeps rasing the bar of turbo times and only using a 6.0L with a .010 overbore with a mild cam.

So is that .010 over now using dished pistons? With the kind of boost target Kurt is aiming for I would bet so???

Mr. P.

it's ok, you and erik are going to prove us wr**g from what i understand. i expect it should be cool meanwhile kurt keeps rasing the bar of turbo times and only using a 6.0L with a .010 overbore with a mild cam.

So is that .010 over now using dished pistons? With the kind of boost target Kurt is aiming for I would bet so???

Mr. P.

from what i understand it is 8.5:1 with mahle pistons. i'm not sure he had a boost target in mind when he put it in, just that it should be able to handle alot. after the dyno run on friday he proved it will handle whatever he wants to throw at it. :crazy:

well, as i found out tonight the small cam with the 10.7:1 compression doesn't allow for much timing. using race fuel i can get plenty of timing to run through it. with race fuel and some timing play i was able to get it to spin the tires nicely on launch and i've now got it pulling 45lbs min. i'm not sure yet how much improvement the maf reading is though with the race fuel. i had a new maf put in it yesterday because the one in it had no screen. with the new maf the truck is now getting the readings it should have in the first place. :thumbs:

well, as i found out tonight the small cam with the 10.7:1 compression doesn't allow for much timing. using race fuel i can get plenty of timing to run through it. with race fuel and some timing play i was able to get it to spin the tires nicely on launch and i've now got it pulling 45lbs min. i'm not sure yet how much improvement the maf reading is though with the race fuel. i had a new maf put in it yesterday because the one in it had no screen. with the new maf the truck is now getting the readings it should have in the first place.  :thumbs:

Sounds like youre getting it "DIALED IN"

KR prob go away?

sure did. unfortunatly i'm not able to run anymore timing on pump gas that i can with a 6.0L and a radix. as soon as i get some of the current projects out of the way i think the bigger cam is going to work it's way in there for sure.

yes, you sure would. the compression this high wouldn't be so bad if the cam had more overlap. the bigger cam will fix this i think. it still runs great with the small cam, but raises the cylinder pressure alot. i'm going to do a cylinder compression test here this weekend i think. soemthing tells me it's around 200.

well, made a couple more chnages tonight. pulled the vigilante out so it can get sent back to be restalled. i put a trailblazer converter back in there for the time being. after a bit of retuning and having the extra stall the truck is pulling harder than ever. now i'm starting to get excited for the next dragstrip outing. new numbers will be coming for sure. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived