superchips tuner

rico750sxi

Hey guys,

I don't know abnout that Superchips place. I talked to a tech guy today and he wasn't too clear on the difference between the 6.0L LQ4 and the 6.0L LQ9. That says a lot. If they say it will work, I would be unsure. Although not a huge fan of Hypertech, the the tech at Hypertech was smart enough to realize that an AWD 6.0L HO is a different animal. The tech at Superchips may have just been generalizing and he did say that it would work, but I just didn't get the feeling he was totally on the money. Maybe their designers are though. I also spoke to a guy at dyno-proven which is a place that sells supercharger and performance kits to GM owners via GM dealers, mainly Cadillac and Chevy. Although his Coolchargers come with their own program, he was very disappointed in Superchips, and decided they would make their own program. They are at http://www.dyno-proven.com I have no affiliation, just sharing info. They are pricy though, I must say. Just my two cents. So far, Wester's Garage has been the most impressive to me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased the superchips reprogrammer for my SS. everything installed fine. seems to add a bit more of a jump off of the line and much better on the high end. lenthens the shifts points. i do not have any hard numbers as of yet but as soon as i do i will post them. i also did a k&n ghetto rig kit until i get a housing made to reduce heat, and dual exhaust with glass packs. great sound out of those.

maintaining the stock 3" exhaust pipe size i ran true duals out the back hiding them under the rear bumper facia. the glass packs ended up giving it a great "muscle car" sound. so don't really know how to describe it.

How about a recording of it? :D

Archived