ls2 402 questions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That intake says its only capable of 600hp. I wonder if it can flow the CFM necessry to support the motor on nitrous. I have a 418 in my truck and with some shitty tires on stock Z71 suspension I spin till about 20mph in 4hi on a blacktop road and about 10 feet on sticky concrete. My stall is suppose to be a 3K it brak stalls to that but on motor as soon as I let off and stomp it, it flashes to almost 4K and thats when traction becomes a large problem. Like I siad over on performacnetrucks go with a large cam and large intake runner to take some torque out of the bottom end an dmove it up top where it can used. I plan on going to a set of ETP C5R 255s. I dont DD my truck either though. I have a Luntati 237/242 112lsa cam in there and plan on going to a 248/253 .650 .650 113lsa cam most likely to get it to come on hard at about 4200 or so where I can put the power to the ground and be in the sweet spot on the shift recovery of an 80e. Since oyu have drag radials then you willb e better off then me. I would keep the current stall if I were you and do some suspension mods and use a progressive controller on the nitrous to control traction and go.

I started with a yank 3k but had it opened and upped to about 3300.  Who did the water pump for you matt remm.  Did you change the opening or have someone do it.

I did it myself, the only thing I didn't do was the welding, I can't weld aluminum. The guys at work welded it up and it will be done tommorrow. Send me your email and I will send you some pics this weekend of the install.

Send me your email and I will send you some pics this weekend of the install.

Don't forget about me :)

I have my harness, TAC, and 90mm TB now.

When I get my exhaust worked on, I'll figure what I'm going to do for an intake. Unless of course, if you help me make that decision :D

That intake says its only capable of 600hp.  I wonder if it can flow the CFM necessry to support the motor on nitrous.  I have a 418 in my truck and with some shitty tires on stock Z71 suspension I spin till about 20mph in 4hi on a blacktop road and about 10 feet on sticky concrete.  My stall is suppose to be a 3K it brak stalls to that but on motor as soon as I let off and stomp it, it flashes to almost 4K and thats when traction becomes a large problem.  Like I siad over on performacnetrucks go with a large cam and large intake runner to take some torque out of the bottom end an dmove it up top where it can used.  I plan on going to a set of ETP C5R 255s.  I dont DD my truck either though.  I have a Luntati 237/242 112lsa cam in there and plan on going to a 248/253 .650 .650 113lsa cam most likely to get it to come on hard at about 4200 or so where I can put the power to the ground and be in the sweet spot on the shift recovery of an 80e.  Since oyu have drag radials then you willb e better off then me.  I would keep the current stall if I were you and do some suspension mods and use a progressive controller on the nitrous to control traction and go.

Nothing like dreaming big. Plan to change to a C5R block also? $6k+.....

That intake will not keep you from exceeding 600hp with nitrous. cfm will not be such a huge factor. Even a completely stock motor can handle a 150 shot. I am sure either intake can support a 200 shot easily.

I havent made a final decision on heads yet for my next setup either the ETP C5Rs or the 11* 255s. Im not dreaming big I already ahve a big part of the equation. Im going to go to a solid roller setup too mainly just to be different but I can run a far more aggressive cam lobe too. I already have a set of jesel sportsman series shaft mounts on order. Take my advice for what it is worth but as you can see myself and 2bseen are both ahving traction problems you need to take some bottom end out of it with either a larger cam, bigger heads, or smaller stall how you do it is up to you. Me personally I would rather keep the stall and gain some up top but still come out of the hole at the edge of traction then spray it after it got going.

That intake says its only capable of 600hp.  I wonder if it can flow the CFM necessry to support the motor on nitrous.  I would keep the current stall if I were you and do some suspension mods and use a progressive controller on the nitrous to control traction and go.

Which intake were you talking about? Where you talking about the Victor junior alimunum manifold? What kind of suspension mods? I wonder if my current suspension (mcguaphys 2/3 drop with rear air bag helper kit) is gonna hurt me? :dunno:

Take my advice for what it is worth but as you can see myself and 2bseen are both ahving traction problems you need to take some bottom end out of it with either a larger cam, bigger heads, or smaller stall how you do it is up to you.  Me personally I would rather keep the stall and gain some up top but still come out of the hole at the edge of traction then spray it after it got going.

Ill definately keep that in mind. :thumbs:

I will or just send then to Ben so he can. It has been alot of little things to get figured out, but it should be good to go for this weekend. I gotta say BigTex has helped me out a ton, not only with the manifold , but alot of other choices I have made with my truck and the manifold install. :smash:

I was talking about the Victor Jr intake it says on summits site capable of 600hp. I myself am trying to figure out what kind of intake to go with since Im am going to try and shift my power band up and will be shifting well into the high 6K range maybe low 7K range. As far as teh traction thing goes, for myself, I am going to drop my truck 2/3 with caltracs, nitto drag radials on my 18s, rear sway(not going to do anything but handle better) and QA1s to try and get it to hook better on the rear like a 2wd. Atleast at the track/street I cant roast the rears then shift into 4wd and go on down the track :P

....Im not dreaming big I already ahve a big part of the equation.  .... I already have a set of jesel sportsman series shaft mounts on order.  Take my advice for what it is worth but as you can see myself and 2bseen are both ahving traction problems you need to take some bottom end out of it with either a larger cam, bigger heads, or smaller stall how you do it is up to you.  Me personally I would rather keep the stall and gain some up top but still come out of the hole at the edge of traction then spray it after it got going.

Aspirations, dreams, all the same. The Jesels are nice, but a little costly for what you get. I had a set, but didn't like the quality too much. Ended up with Crane race gold. Of the 3-4 sets (Patriot shaft, Comp Pro magnum, Jesels, Crane) of different rocker systems I either ordered or used, they are the best by far and only cost $500. With the quick-lift technology (variable ratio rockers) they use you'll make more power down low. I personally believe that you can try all you want to add more air and take out some of the lower-end punch, but it's not going to work very well with a stroker. They are torque monsters that love big cams and big air. I'd be interested to see any track results you've seen where 60' times went down for adding more air to a stroker.

Archived