ls2 402 questions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep -- it aint SD if you have a MAF.

i've seen people keep them in there for the IAT sensor, but that's about it.

So, what do you think about this speed density tuning zip? Since you will be doing my tuning. :D Should I just stick with a fast intake and MAF?

Havn't made any decisions yet, but here's what the build is looking like so far.

*LS2 aluminum block (4.000 bore)

* "Callies 4.000 stroke crank"

* "Callies 6.125 rods"

* "Custom forged pistons with a thicker crown"

* "Hell fire ring kit"

* "ARP main studs and ARP head studs"

*Clevitte 77 rod and main bearings

***Balanced & assembled***

*10.5:1 CR

*built to handle 300 shot of nitrous (wont go that high, but it will be built for it)

*futral motorsports cam 239/246 - 114+4 .612/632

*"Texas Speed" Dart pro 1 ls1 stg 3 heads (237cc intake runner, 62cc combustion chamber, 2.08/1.60 valves) for $1,700 :D:thumbs: .

Flow #'s

.100 75

.200 155

.300 211

.400 265

.500 303

.600 330

.650 335

What do you guys think of the heads/cam combo im thinking of?

What do you guys think of the heads/cam combo im thinking of?

:thumbs: I think (seriously) I'd run about the same as what you have listed there.

Mr. P. :)

edit - is that the FMS #14 cam?

Not sure if that's his #14 cam, I just told him my plans and he sent me the specs. :thumbs:

Won't be too bad with the extra cubes, but finding the right idle might be fun from a distance ;)

Looks like a good combo, man.

that's certainly a healthy stick. you're right about finding the idle. i'm going to have to use the magic tongle on that one.

I would honestly go a bit bigger on the cam to cut down a bit on the low end if you want to hook and go on the street.  With my 418 I spin all four for a good ways before I hook.

Still waiting for proof on your theory for strokers. I don't think a few more degrees will make even the slightest difference. Strokers love big cams and big air. The more you give it what it wants, the better it will go. Basic theory, of course.

It has been my experience and talking with Allen that tunes my truck that it will shift the powerband up higher with the cam I am going to go with. If it still gives me more power down low and alot more up top then great Ill go with a smaller stall to keep some traction or baby it off the line a bit. We will soon find out what the difference will be on the dyno Im going to get my current setup dynoed then with the new cam.

I honestly think 11*s will make a pretty significant powerband shift but we will see if I am right or not.

Won't be too bad with the extra cubes, but finding the right idle might be fun from a distance ;)

Looks like a good combo, man.

that's certainly a healthy stick. you're right about finding the idle. i'm going to have to use the magic tongle on that one.

Really? You think its gonna be that hard to tune for it?

Archived