ls2 402 questions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks alot for all of that info. :thumbs:  Looks like that TPIS speed density combo worked the rest of the competition. :dunno:  Anybody now where to get one of those TPIS?

TPIS website. Their web space sucks, but they have a phone number to call. Watch out though, they're a bit spendy! :eek:

Thanks alot for all of that info. :thumbs:   Looks like that TPIS speed density combo worked the rest of the competition. :dunno:  Anybody now where to get one of those TPIS?

TPIS website. Their web space sucks, but they have a phone number to call. Watch out though, they're a bit spendy! :eek:

spendy is almost an understatement. they are very proud of their work... :nonod:

Would it be as hard to tune for the TPIS spyder Speed density system as they make it sound?  Also, I think my computer is working right or something, how much is that system on there website?  Thanks

Prepare to say buh-bye to your mileage...

Mr. P. :)

I run a speed density tune (and have since the 408 went in). To me, it's easier to do an SD tune, because you are in control of everything at every stage (no computer algorithm changing what you are doing), but much more involved than most DIY tuners want to tackle.

At the moment, I'm running an exclusively open loop SD tune and love it.

It should be pointed out that the LS2 manifold tested there is not the SSR or "truck" LS2 manifold. That is the car manifold that requires a lot of changes to put on the truck (machined brackets for accessories, etc.), but is a true 90mm intake. The SSR LS2 was not tested in the article.

The TPIS spider seems pretty similar to the Vic Jr. I wonder who does their casting ;)

The other thing I just noticed is how much the LS6 manifold kicks ass... within 8hp of the FAST and TPIS Spider (with MAF). I wonder what the FAST and LS6 would flow without the MAF (since the TPIS did so much better).

As I recall they are around $400? not counting the mods and rails, etc.  I think Scoggin Dickey has a package deal on them.

I think there are some on ebay for cheaper, the 90mm FAST top is $440 :eek: I have adapted the stock fuel rail to the FAST already, the crossover tube doesn't look to pretty. But this is no show and shine under the hood. :smash:

I run a speed density tune (and have since the 408 went in).  To me, it's easier to do an SD tune, because you are in control of everything at every stage (no computer algorithm changing what you are doing), but much more involved than most DIY tuners want to tackle.

At the moment, I'm running an exclusively open loop SD tune and love it.

It should be pointed out that the LS2 manifold tested there is not the SSR or "truck" LS2 manifold.  That is the car manifold that requires a lot of changes to put on the truck (machined brackets for accessories, etc.), but is a true 90mm intake.  The SSR LS2 was not tested in the article.

The TPIS spider seems pretty similar to the Vic Jr.  I wonder who does their casting  ;)

The other thing I just noticed is how much the LS6 manifold kicks ass...  within 8hp of the FAST and TPIS Spider (with MAF).  I wonder what the FAST and LS6 would flow without the MAF (since the TPIS did so much better).

So im assuming that this Speed Density Tuning completely illimintaes the MAF sensor right?

Archived