ls2 402 questions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading up on ls1tech today and came across this thread. Some performance shop in TX dynod one of Scoggin dickeys ls2 402's and gained 20hp and 10lbs of torque with the fast 90mm intake. Not a huge gain, but pretty decent. Thought you guys might be interested. Here's the link.

SD 402

I was reading up on ls1tech today and came across this thread.  Some performance shop in TX dynod one of Scoggin dickeys ls2 402's and gained 20hp and 10lbs of torque with the fast 90mm intake.  Not a huge gain, but pretty decent.  Thought you guys might be interested.  Here's the link.

SD 402

when you consider that the fast intake was probably 20hp over a car intake that's pretty good. that's even more gain over the truck intake.

The FAST intake is an option for sure, and a good one. However, given the freakin' cost of that SOB, I'm looking into doing a LS2 or LS6 setup. Not the SSR intake. Just investigating, that's all. I may have a few things to work out with fuel rails, but may go with a custom fuel rail/fpr setup to just get past the differences in the truck fuel rail vs what a car uses. I may end with a FAST with it's all said and done with though. Just not counting out other options.

If the FAST intake only gave me 20hp over what a LS2 or LS6 gave me, I'd be willing to forego that extra power for a $4-500 savings. Like Zippy said, it doesn't even take into account what it would be over what a truck intake would be. Right now, LS2 corvette intake seems to be the easiest option, although I haven't investigated it that much.

The FAST intake is an option for sure, and a good one.  However, given the freakin' cost of that SOB, I'm looking into doing a LS2 or LS6 setup.  Not the SSR intake.  Just investigating, that's all.  I may have a few things to work out with fuel rails, but may go with a custom fuel rail/fpr setup to just get past the differences in the truck fuel rail vs what a car uses.  I may end with a FAST with it's all said and done with though.  Just not counting out other options.

If the FAST intake only gave me 20hp over what a LS2 or LS6 gave me, I'd be willing to forego that extra power for a $4-500 savings.  Like Zippy said, it doesn't even take into account what it would be over what a truck intake would be.  Right now, LS2 corvette intake seems to be the easiest option, although I haven't investigated it that much.

What do you think the gains would be over a truck intake with the fast intake? 40?

CHP did this test a year or two ago. i just can't find that issue at this point.

I have that in my "shitter top ten" mag-rag pile at home. I'll have to go dig it out...

So.......?

:withstupid:

Any update?

Sorry, forgot to check. I do have the current manifold test done by TPIS and Street Thunder mag though. The LS2 didn't do as badly as people here are saying though... :smash: I'll see if I can get the pages scanned in here...

Here's the intake comparison from the Jan/Feb edition of Street Thunder Magazine (members only magazine, not available on news stands). I scanned the whole thing just to avoid confusion about what their engine combo contained. Read/discuss as needed... :cool:

intake_page_1.jpg

intake_page_2.jpg

intake_page_3.jpg

intake_page_4.jpg

intake_page_5.jpg

intake_page_6.jpg

Archived