Burn outs....

a-blur-by-you

Since we are on this subject. What about trans brakes and line locks? Would yhe awd benifit from a trans brake? While the 2wd drive for the line lock?

Great question Kaotik! :driving:

I'm sure both would serve it's purpose, a kind of more trusting way for burn-outs I guess :dunno:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A line lock isn't much help on an AWD. If I'm driving an AWD at the track that has any power at all I also clean the tires on them since you pretty much have to drive through the water at most places. If you have an awd SS worth it's SS badges it will turn all 4 right loose after you've driven through the water.

The track here (Pacific Raceways) won't let you drive through the water unless you have drag radials or slicks. :dunno: I tried it a few years ago with my S-10 and they weren't too happy! I'm guessing quite a few tracks have this rule. Just a little FYI. :cheers:

A line lock isn't much help on an AWD. If I'm driving an AWD at the track that has any power at all I also clean the tires on them since you pretty much have to drive through the water at most places. If you have an awd SS worth it's SS badges it will turn all 4 right loose after you've driven through the water.

Oh I fully understand no line lock on AWD, thats where trans brake would be, but would it really help out on the launch. Would it make the most of a higher stall, or should you just stall with the regular brake system?

yup.... i have a buddy that still doesn't know how to p/b a manual... but he is, after all, a ford driver :jester:

That's real fun to watch an amature do. It helps to have big feet... :D:driving:

yup.... i have a buddy that still doesn't know how to p/b a manual... but he is, after all, a ford driver :jester:

That's real fun to watch an amature do. It helps to have big feet... :D:driving:

You know what they say about a guy with big feet.

Yep, he has to wear big shoes. :jester:

You know what they say about a guy with big feet.

Yep, he has to wear big shoes. :jester:

Is that all they say?? :jester::jester:

Archived