Someones butt hurt!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only would I not buy his products from what I've read in this thread and in previous threads regarding his products. But to top it all off when Jon quoted his reply and I read even the first few lines I was awestruck by just how horrific his grammar and spelling are. Not to mention the audacity he must possess to think he could sue for libel, or slander for that matter. Criminal justice major here as well and if his lawyers told him it's slander rather than libel they need to go back to law school.

I really love it when people under estimate how powerful word of mouth is and how these enthuasist (sp) groups are very strong in affecting how people spend their $$$

I'll put the firsrt $1 into the silveradoss legal fund :) ha hah

Man!!! This MIKE MCGAUGHY BITCH is pissing me off!!!

If I were this Mike guy I would be listening to what my customers had to say, and not be trying to get their personal information to attempt to sue them. What is he going to do, sue us and try to force us to respect his company and buy his product. I won't be buying his product and I will not recomend any of my friends to buy his product either. The facts have been brought forth and everything that is being said about his product is the truth. Where I come from a man lives and dies by his word as a man. I guess he didn't get that memo. I am done with my small rant here.

Oh yeah, this is just my personal opinion!

:withstupid: I know before I put MY name on a product, I would make DAMN sure it performed EXACTLY as it should. No problems, issues, nothing. If it didn't, I would stand behind it. Period. That is a fact.

It is my opinion that he do the same if he wants to stay in business. All he has done is shoot himself in the foot.

The chickens are coming home to roost for this guy. I remember in 2003 when I installed my drop kit, I got some vibration and called him. He said, "We've sold hundreds of these kits and you're the only one who has ever called with a problem with vibration." Little did I know that was what he was telling everyone else who called, too.

I think what's happening is he's scared. My driveshaft broke a few months later, it was just lucky that no one was hurt....half of the driveshaft came to rest about 8" from someone's feet. My guess is that he's realizing that he's in a very vulnerable position, legally, for damages, and he's going on the offensive in a (misguided) attempt to nip the legal hassles in the bud.

Most likely it's greed on his part that has him in this predicament. If he is not a moron (I'm sure he isn't) then he knows that dropping a vehicle causes driveline issues, but that means he would have had to spend time, energy, money and other resources addressing it. I bet that somewhere along the line he decided he would not address it, and basically lie his way through all of his sales and support issues.

I have zero sympathy for the guy at this point.

... My driveshaft broke a few months later, it was just lucky that no one was hurt....half of the driveshaft came to rest about 8" from someone's feet.  ...

:eek: Holy Christ dude. :eek:

There've been other reports of GM driveshafts letting go on stock vehicles, too. That one might not be due to the drop kit.

No flaming here, just keepin' it real.

:cheers:

... My driveshaft broke a few months later, it was just lucky that no one was hurt....half of the driveshaft came to rest about 8" from someone's feet.  ...

:eek: Holy Christ dude. :eek:

There've been other reports of GM driveshafts letting go on stock vehicles, too. That one might not be due to the drop kit.

No flaming here, just keepin' it real.

:cheers:

There was a vibration after my drop that wasn't there before the drop, that's what you need to focus on and pay attention to. Just keepin' it real. :)

There was a vibration after my drop that wasn't there before the drop, that's what you need to focus on and pay attention to.  Just keepin' it real.  :)

I assume that it was rear u-joint failure? How many miles after the drop until your driveline let go?

Mr. P.

There was a vibration after my drop that wasn't there before the drop, that's what you need to focus on and pay attention to.  Just keepin' it real.   :)

I assume that it was rear u-joint failure? How many miles after the drop until your driveline let go?

Mr. P.

Actually, the driveshaft came apart in the middle and sheared off at the front u-joint.

There was a vibration after my drop that wasn't there before the drop, that's what you need to focus on and pay attention to.  Just keepin' it real.   :)

Mr. P.

Actually, the driveshaft came apart in the middle and sheared off at the front u-joint.

IMPORTANT NOTE/DISCLAIMER: The Avalance uses coil springs in the rear end, not leafs and uses a different McGaughy's rear suspension drop kit than the Silverado one discussed to this point - but the important contribution here is that the resulting pinion angle was still out of way out of allowable OEM spec and the eventual result was catastrophic component failure.

Mr. P.