Killin other trucks

CaliChevyV8

i smell, a closed topic.

That's a newbie you smell, with lots of misinformation sauce!

DEEEEEE-licious!

I think you just want this topic "closed", if I didn't know any better....?

:lol:

KEEP IT OPEN!

Let Quik keep talkin!

sorry about the delay i had to hit the sack to get up at 4am for work. ill be back around 6pm this evening for your sorry lame attacks

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

race for what ever you guys are arguing, and he definatley doent have a v6 check his topics, youll see.

I already went back through ALL his topics, his "13.38" track runs, engine swap, tranny troubles, etc etc.....

I looked closely.

I'm pretty sure he has the big 4.3 V6.

:dunno:

He lahvs me......

:lol:

yep thats all i can muster is a measily 13.38

youre rigth you only see a big 6. im very pleased with my 6 for now untill i added the superdooper tornado then it should have no issues to tear your hemi a new air intake :chevy:

tests havebeen done, proof has been there and stated the 4.7 is actually the truck to get for racing and the 5.9 R/T was the one you wished you had bought for pulling.

Yup, in a magazine test, a 4.7 5-speed truck, beat a 5.9 Auto, big deal. Your statement above could not be farther from the truth. The 4.7 is a good engine, and it's nice that they offer it with a manual trans, but the 5.9 is where it's at for power and racing. The fastest 4.7 to my knowledge ran low 12's, he might have been an 11 sec truck at sea level (he raced in Phoenix), but he never did, so 12's it is. Several people have gone low 11's with the 5.9. One has gone 10.7 on an R3 block with boost & juice, but that was 3 years ago, he's done a lot of work since and we're waiting for him to hit the track again. We should see at least a couple more trucks in the 10's this year (one of them on the stock bottom end).

I like the SS's, I like anything that fast, especially if it's a truck! But just figured I'd try to help you straighten your facts out a lil :thumbs:

A stock bottom end Silverado in the 10's has been done. There are a few Silverado's that have went 12.5's with the 5.3L using bolt on's and a camshaft. There is a 4.8L that has went 11's on boost. Even though we're using full size trucks there isn't much concern of the R/T's.

Even though we're using full size trucks there isn't much concern of the R/T's.

That might be a serious oversight ;) Especially any of you that happen to live up here in the NW. The Lightning guys have even given up tryin to keep up with us at this point...

Danno

A stock bottom end Silverado in the 10's has been done. There are a few Silverado's that have went 12.5's with the 5.3L using bolt on's and a camshaft. There is a 4.8L that has went 11's on boost. Even though we're using full size trucks there isn't much concern of the R/T's.

Guess you're all running deep, deep 10s or 9s then huh? :)

PS: Your full size trucks are only a few hundred lbs at most more than a Dakota, not enough to really be considered in a different class. RC 2WD Rams and new F150s weigh over 5klb for example....

A SS is 5250lbs. If we are talking SSs on the SS site.

According to you R/T guys in this thread a RC weighs 4000 and a CC weighs 4400. If every 100lbs is a tenth, that's pretty significant.

PS: Your full size trucks are only a few hundred lbs at most more than a Dakota, not enough to really be considered in a different class. RC 2WD Rams and new F150s weigh over 5klb for example....

A SS is 5250lbs. If we are talking SSs on the SS site.

According to you R/T guys in this thread a RC weighs 4000 and a CC weighs 4400. If every 100lbs is a tenth, that's pretty significant.

:withstupid:

Archived