Killin other trucks

CaliChevyV8

I never understand how "some" post that certain trucks are slow, while their own is pretty quick, and yet the same times are run by both trucks on the average.

Doesn't matter the brand!!!

I agree but full size 4x4 (awd) vs. mid size 2x4 is comparing apples to oranges.

Sorry I was rather enjoying the arguing and didn't want it to end yet. :jester:

:lol:

I still don't understand the 4x4 SSS clubcab vs 2wheel drive Hemi regular cab type comparisons either. Two trucks should be at least similar?

Agreed. I think the reason they did that is because those are the best performers for that truck model. If you were to compare a AWD SSS vs. a 4x4 Crew Cab ram... it wouldn't even be close. A rcsb ram and a ext. cab SS are almost identical in weight, which makes for a good matchup.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been some hemi rams that have ran in the 14's stock, but it's not a common thing. There have also been just as many stock 5.3L RCSB 2wd's that have ran 14's. It's amazing that it takes the Dodge being a regular cab short box 2wd to run the same numbers as a stock AWD extended cab Chevy with the same HP rating. The same kind of deal with the R/T Dakota's. A handfull have ran 14's stock, but it's rare and uncommon. Almost all 2wd VHO's will run 14's stock as long as the driver is good and the track is somewhat prepped. The Hemi guys want nothing to do with the LQ9 trucks when mods come into play especially.

Most of that I would agree with... The main thing to consider is that most people don't know how to drive. Most of the people with hemi ram's think their fast just because it says HEMI. I couldn't tell you how many slips I've seen people post with 2.3-2.4 60' times. IMO there's no excuse to have anything worse than a 2.20 in a stock hemi ram. If you look the people that can drive can get almost any RCSB hemi ram in the 14's stock.

And the reason that it takes a RCSB to run comparible times with a SSS is simple, weight. Comparing apples to apples the dodges weigh a lot more than silverados.

Our aftermarket is slowly starting to catch up, were now getting forged bottom ends to really handle some power. It won't be long and there will be some real fast hemi's driving around. :driving:

Most of that I would agree with... The main thing to consider is that most people don't know how to drive. Most of the people with hemi ram's think their fast just because it says HEMI. I couldn't tell you how many slips I've seen people post with 2.3-2.4 60' times. IMO there's no excuse to have anything worse than a 2.20 in a stock hemi ram. If you look the people that can drive can get almost any RCSB hemi ram in the 14's stock.

And the reason that it takes a RCSB to run comparible times with a SSS is simple, weight. Comparing apples to apples the dodges weigh a lot more than silverados.

Our aftermarket is slowly starting to catch up, were now getting forged bottom ends to really handle some power. It won't be long and there will be some real fast hemi's driving around. :driving:

Hey you said most don't know how to drive, could you check this post out, thanks:

Good Drivers

Hey you said most don't know how to drive, could you check this post out, thanks:

Good Drivers

To be honest I can't really answer that for you. I've never driven a truck like yours to know what it does and does not like. The main part is the launch, that's usually where the race is won or lost. For instance what works best in my truck is to stall the truck up to about 1300 rpm's and ease into the gas so I don't spin. Then I pull the gear selector down into 2nd. I let the truck shift on it's own on the 1-2 shift, then I manually shift into 3rd at 61-6200 rpm's. Every truck is different and the best advice I can give is just to practice practice practice.

I can know cut 2.02-2.05 60' times consistently, and I don't even have a locker or limited slip.

Edited by 2006LS2TB (see edit history)

A stock dakota RC R/T will run anywhere from a 14.9 -15.2 in the 1/4 mile bone stock. the EC versions run around a 15.5. They weigh alot less then an SSS and the 360 is a really good engine. And with a few mods R/T can be made rocket ships.

yes for pulling not for HP unless you really modify them. a few years ago i thought of getting one when i was young and dumb lol but did seraching adn seen how poor the intake setup was and that a 4.7 magnum walks the the R/T

There are 650 hp r/t's out there that run consistently deep in the 11's. Pulling my ass. They would rape any SS on this site.

are you able to read or do you have poor dodge syndrone? really modified. stock they are garbage and get spanked by the 4.7s

[quote name=Quik' date='May 22 2006, 09:52

There are 650 hp r/t's out there that run consistently deep in the 11's. Pulling my ass. They would rape any SS on this site.

are you able to read or do you have poor dodge syndrone? really modified. stock they are garbage and get spanked by the 4.7s

Let's try YOUR reading

Shall we?

:crackup:

I think the majority here agree the SSS and the Dakota R/T run times that are VERY similar when dead stock.

Midsize-truck vs large truck, 2 wheel drive vs 4 wheeld drive, etc etc aside.

The SSSSilverado runs from (not often) high 14s to (more often) low to mid 15s.

A Dakota R/T runs from (not often) high 14s to (more often) low to mid 15s.

Both the Dakota R/T and the SSSilverado are in the same ballpark as far as dead stock 1/4 mile times.

Are you following me yet?

Now, if a "stock Dakota R/T was .... GARBAGE as you put it, then I'm going to have to assume you know you are pointing out the stock SSSilverado's times are also.... GARBAGE because they run near identical times.

ARE YOU CALLING THE STOCK SSSilverados "garbage"...?

:eek:

The 4.7 Daks are quick, but they will neither "spank" the Dakota R/T or the SSSilverado, in my opinion. A 4.7 that runs well can beat either an average SSS or Dakota R/T, but it's not a "common occurance".

You have twisted insulting views!

You also have twisted insulting flares on your truck, but we'll talk about that another time....

Edited by CrAzYMoPaRGuY (see edit history)

[quote name=Quik' date='May 22 2006, 09:52

Let's try YOUR reading

Shall we?

I think the majority here agree the SSS and the Dakota R/T run times that are VERY similar when dead stock.

Midsize-truck vs large truck, 2 wheel drive vs 4 wheeld drive, etc etc aside.

The SSSSilverado runs from (not often) high 14s to (more often) low to mid 15s.

A Dakota R/T runs from (not often) high 14s to (more often) low to mid 15s.

Both the Dakota R/T and the SSSilverado are in the same ballpark as far as dead stock 1/4 mile times.

Are you following me yet?

Now, if a "stock Dakota R/T was .... GARBAGE as you put it, then I'm going to have to assume you know you are pointing out the stock SSSilverado's times are also.... GARBAGE because they run near identical times.

ARE YOU CALLING THE STOCK SSSilverados "garbage"...?

:eek:

The 4.7 Daks are quick, but they will neither "spank" the Dakota R/T or the SSSilverado, in my opinion. A 4.7 that runs well can beat either an average SSS or Dakota R/T, but it's not a "common occurance".

You have twisted insulting views!

You also have twisted insulting flares on your truck, but we'll talk about that another time....

yep, my fares are what you describe them as even tho they are factory. no the R/T is a joke , you cant compare it to the SSS of which the weight isnt even close.

tests havebeen done, proof has been there and stated the 4.7 is actually the truck to get for racing and the 5.9 R/T was the one you wished you had bought for pulling.

and i dontcare what mopar motor is out there for your trucks why do they get such lousy MPG? ...........answer is junk setups :chevy:

no the R/T is a joke , you cant compare it to the SSS of which the weight isnt even close.

What do you mean "you can't compare" the two?

Are you saying Zippy's post at the top of this page is WRONG?

BOTH trucks run very high 14s to mid 15s.

If you are calling the R/T a "joke", then you also smear the SSSilverado with the same brush.

The weights are different, but look at the horsepower. The Dakota might be LIGHTER, but it only has 250ish horsepower.

Like YOUR truck.

:dunno: