Saturday Project

BenKey

:D Well, it's finally done. :D:D Not too many hard spots other than the directions expecting you to use "the force", or something. They would be great, complete with color pictures, if they didn't leave things out. The guy/gal putting them together needs a pink slip.

Aside from that, I didn't run into any "real" hard spots. I took my time, of course rain all day didn't help, and now it's just putting in a few wire looms and putting all of my tools away. All of my tools were still out from the cam swap. Quite a mess if you can imagine.

Here some of the pics:

101_0160.JPG

101_0162.JPG

This shot is off what little of the alternator bracket that had to be ground away. If you look close, you can see the little round spot. I think if anyone has considered one of these, they probably have already read the directions. Well, this step, you really don't need a die grinder, although I used one. Could have done with a file just as easily. I think Slimsoftball said he didn't need to grind anything.

101_0164.JPG

The in-line fuel pump. Very easy part as well.

101_0165.JPG

101_0167.JPG

101_0168.JPG

And look, my Volant box worked just fine in there. :D :D

One other problem I did encounter was with the Superchips handheld. I kept getting a PCM not responding alert. Finally after the fifth or so time, it worked. I have come to really hate handhelds. I went and test drove and it really wants to go. Didn't go to far or too fast, just wanted to check things out. Will update on the ride/feel/speed later. I even missed the race, that never happens. :nonod:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic, buddy. Glad to hear it went smoothly. You have more guts than I do when it comes to a project that big, Ben. I'll add shackles or something like that but not an s-chgr. Don't have enough confidence in my wrenching abilities.

Great job. Thanks for the pictures, too. LOVED 'um. :thumbs:

Fantastic, buddy. Glad to hear it went smoothly. You have more guts than I do when it comes to a project that big, Ben. I'll add shackles or something like that but not an s-chgr. Don't have enough confidence in my wrenching abilities.

Great job. Thanks for the pictures, too. LOVED 'um. :thumbs:

Lee, thanks. It really isn't as hard as it appears. To be honest, if their instruction book was a little better, I really belive anyone could do it, regardless of their abilities. It's just that simple. But, I kid you not about this instruction book. Steps were out of order. You would read one step and it would be describing something that you hadn't done yet. Then about three steps later you would be adding the thing it was talking about. For instance, when it said to fill the intercooler resevior, it said to use the tee in the line to bleed and showed a picture doing so, then three steps later, it said install the tee. When it came time to put on the intercooler, it just said install using OE bracket and showed a picture and the picture was from about 5-6 feet away and very difficult to see how they did it. It was like putting a puzzle together. I think that the problem was being in the military and being so instruction oriented, it hindered me. But I got through it. You have to conceptualize during install and for this instance, I was not very good at it. Plan on making some calls to Magnacharger Tuesday.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :thumbs:

Archived