Event California Speedway street legalk drag races

04CHASE

Whats the lowest psi I should go for driving it up there. Like if I drove it the 2 hour drive up there on say 30psi, would that be safe or a bad idea? :dunno:

Just run it what you usually do and deflate them at the track... no sense in running around low before you need to.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! Last time I went I was running around 15.60 :puke: , that was in 110 degree weather, pcmforless tune, exhaust, intake and 160stat. Now its gonna be cooler, its dyno tuned, long tubes (Dynatech), taylor ThunderVolt wires, and NGK plugs. I hope that can get me in the 14's :D

Also I wasn't able to swap the sport and touring mufflers...The touring is 29" long and the sport is 24". I'm gonna have to have some flanges welded to them and some spacer piping added on the sport muffler.

Edited by CaliChevyV8 (see edit history)

I'm taking wednesday off from work to get the TB over to Van Gordons for the dyno tuning... depending on how it goes I might just have to make an appearnace at the track.  :driving:

Hope you can make it out Cris... I'd like to see my old ride kickin' some ass out there. :cheers:

if you actually come to the track i will do a backflip!! :D

Hope you're ready to show me some acrobatics Chase :D

Well I'm back....

After posting a terrible .551 rt w/ tire spin and a 2.2 60' (pulled a 14.4) on my first run I toasted the tranny on the second pass.... slipping pretty bad so I called it a day rather than having to tow it home.

Looks like I'll be investing in tranny upgrades much sooner than anticipated.... and it pisses me off b/c this is already my 2nd transmission in less than 10k miles :banghead:

Chase tore thru 2 belts on his first 2 passes. He managed a 12.08 on the 2nd run even with his belt commiting suicide at the end of the track.... he was heading to Napa autoparts for another belt when I left so hopefully if it held together he got that 11 second pass he was looking for.

nope didnt get it, i ran again and left in d and i ran a 12.2 :banghead: im a little upset but hey every track day cant be perfect, i have alot of bs im goiing to do before next time out, now i need to figure out why my belt is flying off, its either the tensioner or the pullies are misaligned.