Another Titan bites the dust! TWICE

diablotruck

:yellow_loser: geez, why does he have to be so nasty?? He must have forgoten what site he logged into. Do I have to mention that the pickup truck was invented here in the good 'ol U.S.A., not Japan????? :flag: Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know how much more they can squeeze out of that engine with some good aftermarket support? Is it already tuned pretty good (for that engine) stock? Sobe, Mr. P, anybody?

Oh yeah, real truck right here :chevy:

I just moved to Bradenton Florida and yes the ESV did smoke the titan! A good friend of mine had a 4 door titan and it was faster than the one we raced. MY buddy's titan was the towing model with the big mirrors (f350 style) and that one he said had better gearing than the non towing models (like 390 vs 355) or something close to that. The guy driving the titan is about 6'4" 375 lbs vs my cousin of 220lbs. The titans might be able to beat the regular chevys with 4.8's or even some 5.3's but stock for stock it wil have a hard time beating an SS.

A good friend of mine had a 4 door titan and it was faster than the one we raced. MY buddy's titan was the towing model with the big mirrors (f350 style) and that one he said had better gearing than the non towing models (like 390 vs 355) or something close to that.

Yes. The Big Tow Package gives the Titan lower gearing which makes a pretty big difference in acceleration. A regular Titan does 0-60 in about 7.7 seconds, but with a Big Tow Package, it can do it closer to 6.7 seconds. Big difference.

Mike

According to some of the information that I have gathered, it seems to me that both trucks are very close in 1/4 miles times. On our list of track times, the slowest SS ran a [email protected] 2.377 60' by vette dude and I found some track times of a excab 2wd Titan and it ran a [email protected] 2.249 60' "Here are my quarter mile results for my stock '04 Nissan Titan. (3300 miles, only thing I've changed is the oil). " Titan 1/4 mile track times This was his quickest time and he had several others that were a lot slower. Of course I have no idea what the elevation, temperature, humidity, track conditions, ect. for each of the two trucks were like, but my point is, the track times are close enough that I feel either truck can beat one another. The same is true when reading 1/4 mile times in a magazine, depending on what magazine you look in depends on how quick a vehicle is.

titan-times_lores.jpg

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-gene...-mile-runs.html

"Most" of those guys are alot like us. They like their trucks, they want to do things to make them their own and they want to make them faster. If everyone liked the same thing we would all be driving SS Silverados. I know I wouldn't buy a Titan, but whatever.

Damn man you just come in here runnin your mouth. I guess you dont know that every truck is different and street and the track are not one and the same. There are many variables that could have come into play to give him non-optimal conditions. I myself ran against a SS who I had a tune over (a tune gives me 30 extra horses) and i was dead even only thing he had over me was a intake and exhaust. A lot of things couldve come into play, he was lighter and I had a lot of knock retard. If i race him again will I beat him? I dunno he may just be lucky and have a stock "freak" point of the matter is that if your not gonna behave and be civilized in a forum which has a lot more then SS's mind you, then get out before you cause a shit storm

:withstupid: What a dumb turd! Somebody is upset for buying an inferior truck :puke: with no aftermarket support. Is there even any promise for aftermarket improvements or are they squeezing all they can out of that 5.6 already? :banghead:

Inferior truck? What do call a truck then? One that can go down the 1/4 mile in low 11's? If I wanted to do that I'd buy a fricken Sports car! My truck would out perform most of you all where it matters! OFFROAD! You guys come at me like why don't I go and play on our own "T" site instead of coming on here...Well I seen alot of "SS" guys over there doing the same thing that I am in here! Thats what made me come in here to look! I actually think some of your guys trucks are cool! Especially the guy with the Black SS With the flames on his front door! That truck is Sexy and Fu**en FAST! I just got all heated by some of the threads on here! Its okay now...I apologize if I offended anyone!

Damn man you just come in here runnin your mouth. I guess you dont know that every truck is different and street and the track are not one and the same. There are many variables that could have come into play to give him non-optimal conditions. I myself ran against a SS who I had a tune over (a tune gives me 30 extra horses) and i was dead even only thing he had over me was a intake and exhaust. A lot of things couldve come into play, he was lighter and I had a lot of knock retard. If i race him again will I beat him? I dunno he may just be lucky and have a stock "freak" point of the matter is that if your not gonna behave and be civilized in a forum which has a lot more then SS's mind you, then get out before you cause a shit storm

:withstupid: What a dumb turd! Somebody is upset for buying an inferior truck :puke: with no aftermarket support. Is there even any promise for aftermarket improvements or are they squeezing all they can out of that 5.6 already? :banghead:

Inferior truck? What do call a truck then? One that can go down the 1/4 mile in low 11's? If I wanted to do that I'd buy a fricken Sports car! My truck would out perform most of you all where it matters! OFFROAD! You guys come at me like why don't I go and play on our own "T" site instead of coming on here...Well I seen alot of "SS" guys over there doing the same thing that I am in here! Thats what made me come in here to look! I actually think some of your guys trucks are cool! Especially the guy with the Black SS With the flames on his front door! That truck is Sexy and Fu**en FAST! I just got all heated by some of the threads on here! Its okay now...I apologize if I offended anyone!

You won't find SS'ers talking shit on your site. I'm over there and I don't run my mouth even though I can. I'm a low 14 sec. truck with a piece to add to my puzzle to get into the 12's. Just have to install it. Point is I'm not over there talking shit. We have a few posting on the "T" site but we're not running our mouths. We're respectful of others. If you want to post on here be respectfull of others. Sobe post over here and he's civil about it. He can argu his point and that's fine.

You won't find SS'ers talking shit on your site. I'm over there and I don't run my mouth even though I can. I'm a low 14 sec. truck with a piece to add to my puzzle to get into the 12's. Just have to install it. Point is I'm not over there talking shit. We have a few posting on the "T" site but we're not running our mouths. We're respectful of others. If you want to post on here be respectfull of others. Sobe post over here and he's civil about it. He can argu his point and that's fine.

Thats why I apologized right?

The titan is a good ride but when they say buy a real truck i think it's funny.  I mean GM and ford and Daimler Chrysler have been making full size pickups for just a tad bit longer than nissan.

Yeah I think it's funny to! Considering that All these Domestic lines (One of em I work for), Made these fullsize trucks a long time ago yet....Here comes a new guy (Titan) and in 2004 when the truck was released it won more awards than the 3 lines combined (Fullsize truck lines). And there was more than 5 different 3rd party publications that gave the Titan the most prestige here's some of em....

1) 4 Wheel Magazine (Four wheeler of the Year)

2) Boat and Trailer Magazine

3) Motortrend (Truck of the year)

4) Edmunds

5) Ward's Auto World and so on...

Where was the Domestics? Dodge Recenlty won the Four wheeler of the Year (Ram Powerwagon). And Ford won the Motortrend when the released the new model F150's But I cannot recall one Fullsize truck winning so much awards in one year! ( I could be wrong)...And better yet it won all these awards the first year of production...in which supposed to be ruled by Domestics!

Anything else need to be said?

Yea, change your name you prick.

Aww what a great comeback! Now I am a prick! =) I love it! You guys bash on me for expressing my opinions and telling me to keep it clean and now I got a "SS" guy calling me a prick! HAHAHA :yellow_loser:

I guess thats all he could say because he knows what I just posted was all truth!

Edited by GeT_a_ReAl_TrUcK! (see edit history)

The titan is a good ride but when they say buy a real truck i think it's funny.  I mean GM and ford and Daimler Chrysler have been making full size pickups for just a tad bit longer than nissan.

Yeah I think it's funny to! Considering that All these Domestic lines (One of em I work for), Made these fullsize trucks a long time ago yet....Here comes a new guy (Titan) and in 2004 when the truck was released it won more awards than the 3 lines combined (Fullsize truck lines). And there was more than 5 different 3rd party publications that gave the Titan the most prestige here's some of em....

1) 4 Wheel Magazine (Four wheeler of the Year)

2) Boat and Trailer Magazine

3) Motortrend (Truck of the year)

4) Edmunds

5) Ward's Auto World and so on...

Where was the Domestics? Dodge Recenlty won the Four wheeler of the Year (Ram Powerwagon). And Ford won the Motortrend when the released the new model F150's But I cannot recall one Fullsize truck winning so much awards in one year! ( I could be wrong)...And better yet it won all these awards the first year of production...in which supposed to be ruled by Domestics!

Yeah didn't the ridgeline win truck of the year when it came out lol. If that's what it takes to win an award I don't want one.