SSS vs. Dodge Rumble Bee

Prestoar

Just wait a couple years and they will practicly give you one if they keep depriciating at the rate they are now!

I'm not sure I buy into that.

:lol:

In 1972 there were Hemi Superbirds and 440 Charger Daytonas sitting on the lots unsold, at half the original asking price. Look at those Daytonas and Superbirds NOW!

;)

If they get to the point I find reasonable I'll jump on one, but I ain't gonna hold my breath....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be a little over a second off the one in my garage on the engine.

My 340 Cuda was around the same times, but I just sold it to buy my transmission! :lol:

What's in your Nova? PICS dangit! :D

My buddy is building a 1969 Nova, he's got a little more weight than me but more power. His engine in a heavier car has gone deep in the 9s. He's hoping to get down into the 8s as far as possible... We bug each other all the time, we hang out every day too! haha Here's a "construction" pic- his car is now running, it's just undergoing painting in stages...

I had a feeling i was behind... :thumbs:

My nova is not much to look at, it was a budget build. It's just a 350 chevy punched .030 over. Internally balanced, trw pistons, stock crank, chevy x rods, AFR heads, and a pretty mild cam around .531 lift. The trans is a built th350 with a 3000 stall and a reverse pattern manual shift valve body. The interior is pretty much cleaned out, but we still have all the door panels, dash and 2 bucket seats in it. Running a 10 bolt 4.56 rear end on 28x9.5 slicks. 12.2 on motor, 11.4 on gas

you sold your car....to buy a trans! What trans?

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Stick:

ok so what do mean add more. it's got the same HP as a hemi and touch more torque. It's got AWD(never offered by dodge for the trucks) or 2 wheel drive, and 4.10 gears. It's also got a 3" lower performance suspension. The X-cab SS stays with or beats the reg cab 2 wheel drive hemi...so tell me where they should add more?

By the way what do you drive, what is your ET, what are your mods and where do you live so one of the SS's can line up with you.

Don't think I'm coming at you...yet, just trying to see what your background is so i know who i'm dealing with.

Brad

ok crazy mopar guy...I'll bite

I've got a 76 nova that runs 11.4...how far off am I :driving:

all in fun

Brad

Actually there is AWD offered in dodge trucks starting in 05, even rumble bee's sir. check this out... there were only a handful of these that got AWD.

http://www.rumblebee.org/album_page.php?pic_id=2454

http://www.rumblebee.org/album_page.php?pic_id=2453

But Id rather have 2wd drive anyways, less weight

Actually there is AWD offered in dodge trucks starting in 05, even rumble bee's sir. check this out... there were only a handful of these that got AWD.

http://www.rumblebee.org/album_page.php?pic_id=2454

http://www.rumblebee.org/album_page.php?pic_id=2453

But Id rather have 2wd drive anyways, less weight

so here is a question that i really don't know the answer to....can a truck be 4x4 and AWD? Or is that not a true AWD just 4x4 on demand?

Brad

as long as your here, what are the specs on the 6.1 cam? All the hemi's seem to be using it isn't there any other options?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

you sold your car....to buy a trans! What trans?

Brad

Crazy as it sounds... just an automatic!

727 with a billet steel front drum, ultimate sprag, reverse low band apply valve body, and a 9.5 PTC converter with steel stator.

I got $8500 Canadian for the Barracuda from my brother and paid $5500 for the trans.

so here is a question that i really don't know the answer to....can a truck be 4x4 and AWD? Or is that not a true AWD just 4x4 on demand?

Brad

as long as your here, what are the specs on the 6.1 cam? All the hemi's seem to be using it isn't there any other options?

The 6.1 cam is a horrible truck cam IMO. I don't know the specs off of the top of my head, but it makes no power until 4000-4500 rpm. The reason everyone is using it is because you can buy one new from between 100-150 bucks. Me on other hand paid a little extra and went with the Comp 268 cam,

Specs are

.528 int, .531 exh. Lift

Dur @ .006 268 int, 272 exh

Dur @ .050 216 int, 220 exh

113 LSA. Has a fairly rough idle..

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/pro...nt=100_1295.flv

The main reason very few people go with bigger cams is because there is no easy way to tune these trucks. Your only two options are to go stand alone or to install a piggyback.

Edited by 2006LS2TB (see edit history)

The 6.1 cam is a horrible truck cam IMO. I don't know the specs off of the top of my head, but it makes no power until 4000-4500 rpm. The reason everyone is using it is because you can buy one new from between 100-150 bucks. Me on other hand paid a little extra and went with the Comp 268 cam,

Specs are

.528 int, .531 exh. Lift

Dur @ .006 268 int, 272 exh

Dur @ .050 216 int, 220 exh

113 LSA. Has a fairly rough idle..

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/pro...nt=100_1295.flv

The main reason very few people go with bigger cams is because there is no easy way to tune these trucks. Your only two options are to go stand alone or to install a piggyback.

That answers more then one question for me, if you can't tune em then thats why guys are sticking to a pretty small cam.

Thanks

Brad

So I'm heading to work at 2 in the morning when this yellow Dodge pulls out a bit in front of me. I seen this truck around and always wanted to see what it could do. The kids in the truck are more ready to race then me...they start waving me down and stuff...so we stop on the road and get ready. He said he was stock but really fast...I said ok count from 3....I got a lead from go and he never pulled me back in...I was about 2-3 trucks at 110 when I let off. The kids were cool though...he said his truck wasnt running right...I asked what year and he said 04. They would have played around longer but I had to get to work and we went different ways.

So you raced him with the mods in your sig? I would

say the stock RB was running right and did quite well.

Had he had the SC FlashPaq you would have been

toast.

How would he be toast? 2-3 truck lenghts is pretty serious lead.... We all kow those damn Rumble Bees are TURDS (stock at least)...Bottom line...... They are 15.8's and higher judging from my local track. So a "Flashpaq" would make that much difference? Sounds like snakeoil to me.....

You cant just name a mod on a truck and say ..YES it will win Now because he has a tuner.... Thats lame for you to even make that statement.

to many other factors come into play.

:troll:

Edited by H8R (see edit history)

No hes getting some mods. Hes pissed. Raced two Rumble turds and beat them by 3 to 4 lenghts by 80. I dont think they transfer there 345 as good as our ss do.

Either that or your mod list may have something to do with it.

"Drive it like a Madman Cai,Zippy Tune,Longtube Pacesetters,HighFlow cats,Magnaflow,160t-stat"

How would he be toast? 2-3 truck lenghts is pretty serious lead.... We all kow thos damn Rumble Bees are TURDS...Bottom line...... They are 15.8's and higher judging from my local track.

You are sadly misinformed. Stock RCSB RB's run 15.0 to 15.2.

Throw on a FlashPaq and your a mid 14 second truck. Easy!

With a good CAI and a cat-back 14.4's are norm.

Its all about if they are 4x4 or not. I barely have mine digging into the 13's now... but Im happy with that since its my college daily driver. I have never raced an ss, I think it would be interesting. Cant knock something til you've tried it :driving:

Brad

And sorry man, I never found the specs. I went through several dodge pages to get it and no luck. But like 2006ls2tb said, I just needed a small cam.

It's not misinformed info... I have witnessed it my self at capitol raceway.

maybe everyone I saw was 4wd.... But..none the less... a 5.3 reg cab GM pick up can polish them off. If mods are equal the ls engine will win just about every damn time! You should know better then this.

Hell the 4l60's are not good in the SS..But I would rather have that then the dodge OD trans.

Edited by H8R (see edit history)

How would he be toast? 2-3 truck lenghts is pretty serious lead.... We all kow those damn Rumble Bees are TURDS (stock at least)...Bottom line...... They are 15.8's and higher judging from my local track. So a "Flashpaq" would make that much difference? Sounds like snakeoil to me.....

You cant just name a mod on a truck and say ..YES it will win Now because he has a tuner.... Thats lame for you to even make that statement.

to many other factors come into play.

:troll:

Yes, 2-3 lengths is a good lead. The SC FlashPaq #3815 knocks

off an easy 1/2 second from both 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

Maybe even slightly more. It did on my RCBS Ram. You do the

math. What happens to that 2-3 length lead with a 1/2 second

faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile time?