Toyota in NASCAR?

Bowtie70SS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda off topic but lets hope dale jr signs a freaking deal with his bitch of a mother in law..... i couldnt imagine him going to another team or possibly toyota...

its his step mother not mother in law. He wants 51% of DEI to sign with DEI again

Can you blame him? What would DEI be with out DE? I think RCR owns #3 yet, so, if anything, he'd probably go there, if step-mom doesnt see fit. Budweiser has already stated that wherever JR is, Bud will be too.

She'll come to her senses, though.

I know nascar is about tradition and having american cars race one another, but times are changing. As much as we domestic car fans hate to admit it, the import market share in automobile sales is getting larger and larger. Hence more Americans are buying these cars and they are part of the American car culture now and can be represented in racing events. Japan builds almost all of their North American product in America because they dont' sell those vehicles any where else. The Tundra/sequoia, camry etc. are all built for the north American market so it would make no sense producing it in Japan or Asia. Even though Japan/Europe/Asia recieves the corolla, they have much different options and recieve a much smaller engine and with different safety standards and are built elsewhere such as China. It's much more cost effective for them to build these "big" Toyotas/Nissans etc in America than Japan. Mercedes does the same thing by shipping their ML production to the US where the majority of its sales are. GM/Ford/Chrysler aren't are already in huge financial trouble, they cannot afford to keep their factories in America. The autoworker unions take a huge chunk out of the production cost and if GM/Ford are to get back into the market they have to cut cost. Racing events can't be exculsive anymore as the market is split up much more than it use to be and the American product doesn't hold the share it used to.

I know nascar is about tradition and having american cars race one another, but times are changing. As much as we domestic car fans hate to admit it, the import market share in automobile sales is getting larger and larger. Hence more Americans are buying these cars and they are part of the American car culture now and can be represented in racing events. Japan builds almost all of their North American product in America because they dont' sell those vehicles any where else. The Tundra/sequoia, camry etc. are all built for the north American market so it would make no sense producing it in Japan or Asia. Even though Japan/Europe/Asia recieves the corolla, they have much different options and recieve a much smaller engine and with different safety standards and are built elsewhere such as China. It's much more cost effective for them to build these "big" Toyotas/Nissans etc in America than Japan. Mercedes does the same thing by shipping their ML production to the US where the majority of its sales are. GM/Ford/Chrysler aren't are already in huge financial trouble, they cannot afford to keep their factories in America. The autoworker unions take a huge chunk out of the production cost and if GM/Ford are to get back into the market they have to cut cost. Racing events can't be exculsive anymore as the market is split up much more than it use to be and the American product doesn't hold the share it used to.

If the US automakers weren't making a ton of money then they wouldn't have made those "bad deals" with the unions. I work for a telephone company and I hear all the time how we are over paid. All that is opinion and just that. Don't you try to get the best deal you can? All I am really trying to say about this whole foreign car thing is this "DO WE NOT HOLD ANYTHING SACRED ANYMORE?" I think not. I will never buy a foreign car, ever. I feel it is my job to try and discourage others from doing so as well. By the way did you guys check out the website I linked to in the original post? I thought that was pretty good. Later

Dave

Yeah, Toyota has been in the Nascar Truck series for a couple of years now. I really don't like the Idea of having them race in Nascar. But, Nascar is a huge business ... and Money talks ...

seems now toyota is built more in america than in japan, chevy from canada, dodges from mexico, is there a true american built car anymore?

... I know, may be alittle off topic ... but here is my $ .02 cents ... on the start of the thread ....

It's Called NAFTA and other Free Trade agreements ...

The Japanese can import parts to the US, with no tarrif ... if the car came in as a whole unit, then the US government hits them with a high import tax. Same about NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) ... That is why most parts of your Chevrolets are made in Mexico, then Assembled in the USA.

Also, these Japanese companies don't build these plants out of the goodness of their hearts ... They get HUGE tax credits, in states like Tennesse. So, by importing Parts, Assembling them in the US, saving money on the Import Tax/Tarrif, tax breaks for operating in some states. These companies are making huge profits, that just go back overseas .... BTW ... the money they would have spent on tarrifs, pays for most of our US labor force in these factories. that way, the profit per vehicle is much higher, then importing them straight from Japan.

Yeah, Toyota has been in the Nascar Truck series for a couple of years now. I really don't like the Idea of having them race in Nascar. But, Nascar is a huge business ... and Money talks ...

seems now toyota is built more in america than in japan, chevy from canada, dodges from mexico, is there a true american built car anymore?

... I know, may be alittle off topic ... but here is my $ .02 cents ... on the start of the thread ....

It's Called NAFTA and other Free Trade agreements ...

The Japanese can import parts to the US, with no tarrif ... if the car came in as a whole unit, then the US government hits them with a high import tax. Same about NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) ... That is why most parts of your Chevrolets are made in Mexico, then Assembled in the USA.

Also, these Japanese companies don't build these plants out of the goodness of their hearts ... They get HUGE tax credits, in states like Tennesse. So, by importing Parts, Assembling them in the US, saving money on the Import Tax/Tarrif, tax breaks for operating in some states. These companies are making huge profits, that just go back overseas .... BTW ... the money they would have spent on tarrifs, pays for most of our US labor force in these factories. that way, the profit per vehicle is much higher, then importing them straight from Japan.

:withstupid: Although, some of the Japanese (foreign) companies in the US are now looking to break away from the Japanese parent companies and make their identity and profits stay in the US. I work for a Japanese started/owned company that supplies Toyota and we have established a North America corporate company. The goal is to become an established US company that keeps the profits in the States. Granted, the Japanese will always have their influence and say in some directions that their US companies are to go but at least they are making strides to localize their business.

I will agree that NASCAR is loosing their heritage by adding TOYOTA to the group, but most are right when they say the almighty dollar rules and that is why they are in there now. NASCAR's main group has been struggling over the years and Toyota is a way for NASCAR to preserve their money market.

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all. This is my .02 Why not let Toyota into NASCAR? NASCAR is just another commercialized sport these days. Just like every other sport out there. The whole grass roots of the sport died out a long time ago, and its all about the money now. I watched the race last night and saw more endorsements on those cars, inside the cars, the commercials, the pit crew suits, their tool boxes, and so forth than I have seen in any other sport that I have seen. Toyota racing will bring more money and make it more competative, so with that said, why not let them in?

Its not like a Camry will actually be racing anyway. It'll just be a very vague template just like the other makes are. The only thing "stock" is the name.

Pretty soon Nascar will mandate a common template and really piss alot of people off. maybe someone will try to create an offshoot series to compete with Nascar

like Cart did w/ IRL, doubt it cause Nascar is way too big of a corporation to let that happen

Toyota in the cup series really makes me sad :cry::tear:

I know they were in the truck series, but now in cup, come on, where do you draw the line??

It sucks that Pontiac backed out 3 years ago, but adding Toyota is like punching race fans in the balls. :eek:

They have a long way to go to be championship contenders.

It all comes down to $$$ in the eyes of NASCAR, not tradition anymore.

As far as Dale Jr. goes, he wants controlling ownership of DEI, I think he will get it, I hope he gets it. :cool:

The car of tomorrow is a fugly POS that should be crushed into a cube. :puke::throwup:

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all. This is my .02 Why not let Toyota into NASCAR? NASCAR is just another commercialized sport these days. Just like every other sport out there. The whole grass roots of the sport died out a long time ago, and its all about the money now. I watched the race last night and saw more endorsements on those cars, inside the cars, the commercials, the pit crew suits, their tool boxes, and so forth than I have seen in any other sport that I have seen. Toyota racing will bring more money and make it more competative, so with that said, why not let them in?

It's just principle man, pure and simple.

I know that is a vague concept these days,

but some people still have a commanding

sense of it; not that you don't, but most of

the powers that be today have long ago forgotten

the lost art of morals and principles. :banghead:

I agree that it's all business, but some things

should have been left alone. The almighty dollar

seems to be the only thing people care about

anymore, and mark my words, we'll pay for that

in the end! :shakehead:

It's just principle man, pure and simple.

I know that is a vague concept these days,

but some people still have a commanding

sense of it; not that you don't, but most of

the powers that be today have long ago forgotten

the lost art of morals and principles. :banghead:

I agree that it's all business, but some things

should have been left alone. The almighty dollar

seems to be the only thing people care about

anymore, and mark my words, we'll pay for that

in the end! :shakehead:

Can I get an AMEN!!