HID Conversion Kits

bgdsub72

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone getting these kits...

DO NOT get the 4300K kit. they are yellow and look nothing like real HID's.

The 6000ks look very similar to the escalade HIDs and do not sacrifice brightness. Trust me i have tried both. (Same kit) The 4300Ks were pretty much the same brightness as the 6000ks but looked yellowish and lame.

For anyone getting these kits...

DO NOT get the 4300K kit. they are yellow and look nothing like real HID's.

The 6000ks look very similar to the escalade HIDs and do not sacrifice brightness. Trust me i have tried both. (Same kit) The 4300Ks were pretty much the same brightness as the 6000ks but looked yellowish and lame.

I could have told you that!!! 4300k or Lower help tremendiously in FOG are suppose to resemble the Fogs for Lexus (to better understand the point of 4300ks helping for fog) if you've ever gone snowboarding or anything and have used Yellow Shaded lenses on an Overcast day (ie...resembleing FOG!!!) it helps maginify or lighten up objects (thus the point of fogs in the first place to help aid in vision by magnifying things!!! and then anything from 5000-7000k are suppose to be the closest to true White Light (perfect for normal night time driving) with out changing the temp hue into the blues or purples!!! 8000ks or higher are for that crazy high end fancy look!!! I love the 8000k-10,000K anything higher than that is to Purple and would be good i guess if your a girl and like purple.

PS. do not take my explinations as OFFENCE!!!!

just trying to SHED some LIGHT on HID color temps and how they benifit!!!

Edited by REV_THS (see edit history)

What would be the shipped price on a set of low and high beam Kits to Houston. one 9006 and one 9005???

depends on who you go through!!!

www.xenoneyes.com i believe is 155.00 shipped for 1 set www.xenonlink.com is 125.99 shipped for 1 set, also you can check EBAY some sell them for 99.99 or lower, but shipping is usually 30-40.00+ for shipping on just 1 KIT! they may also allow multiple product purchasing for 1 shipping cost!!!

I know that bgdsub72 sells them and can probably offer you a set of 2 for like 260 something!!! PM him for Prices

Edited by REV_THS (see edit history)

I can't speak for other companies but the 4300k bulbs I sell do resemble HID white color and not yellow. I installed 4300k HID's on my friends 2004 F-250 Superduty and they are very white. I also use 4300k bulbs in the lincoln retrofit kit I sell on ebay and they resemble stock HID color very well. I suggest 4300k HID's to most people who are new to HID's. They provide the best visability and color. I personally have 6000k on my BMW and I am happy with them but at times on dark nights I wish I had the 4300k so I could get just a little bit more light output.

Just my two cents...

hey bgdsub.. I have your kit, and bought the 4300's first. i will get a pic up of the difference... but they looked yellow to me and a couple of buddies who asked if those were real HIDs and not bright halogens. I got the 6000's and they actually look like HIDs now. I should have just gone 6000k at first because i would have saved some $$$

i got the 4300 for my maro and im not %100 happy with them right now. at first the bulb had some trouble getting started but i switched the ballast and they ignited. but the color seemed a bit off ( one was a bit dimmer than the other. but now they seem to have brightened up btu still not the same. one of th ebulbs had some discoloration in the bulb itseld but it stilll worked ok im thinking maybe i shoul dhave gone with the 6ks but im more of a functionality guy . i want to best useable light i can get. colin you have a pm.

Being that i had the 4300s and switched to the 6000k.. i will tell you that the functionality is the same... the 6000s look just as bright as the 4300's .. trust me..

They may look the same but the 6000k does put out less lumens. Most people go with 6000k because they have more of a blue HID look where as the 4300k is more of a Stock HID white color. It really boils down to personal preference.

So i put the HID i got from bdgsub thanks for all your help buy the way!! I love the 4300 k really bright and IMO i dont think they look yellow at all look blue at first and as they warm up get a bright white !! good stuff :thumbs: