jc04ss

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Hey I just went to Advance Auto parts and they had these on the shelf. I paid a total of $26 including tax. Everyone should go pick these up made a nice solid feel and took about an hour to install.

i got mine at a local auto store paid 16.25 for them...took 20 mins to instal...word of advice put a small jack like the one that comes with the truck under the bolt and jack it up, also strap the sway bar and you will have it on in no time....

Front sway bar bushings should be changed with the front suspension loaded at ride height.

If you attempt it with the front suspension at full droop you will need to crank the sway bar down with a ratchet strap to get enough threads to bolt it up.

I found the end links locally but no one has the greaseable bushing on the shelf and 2 places told me it was special order only Id have to call ES.

I found them online at http://energysuspensionparts.com/ for a good deal.

Ordered some Moog stuff for the wife's subie just top make the shipping worthwhile.

My endlinks are on and it still feels like mush.

But I am used to a custom coilover suspension in my Typhoon so the SS has always felt like a tank towing a turd.

• 5 weeks later...

I installed mine last night, haven't driven it yet, but I did run into the same problem some guys had here. The threads came up a little short so I couldn't thread the nut on, so I took the factory bottle jack and placed it under the endlink bolt on the bottom control arm and started jacking it up, which squished the poly bushing enough to get the threads to poke thru the top bushing and allowed me to thread the nut on, no ratchet straps needed. I have my Bilsteins on the way, then I will be doing an Addco rear bar with Energy links and bushings, so I can report the handling changes in three steps.

I installed mine last night, haven't driven it yet, but I did run into the same problem some guys had here. The threads came up a little short so I couldn't thread the nut on, so I took the factory bottle jack and placed it under the endlink bolt on the bottom control arm and started jacking it up, which squished the poly bushing enough to get the threads to poke thru the top bushing and allowed me to thread the nut on, no ratchet straps needed. I have my Bilsteins on the way, then I will be doing an Addco rear bar with Energy links and bushings, so I can report the handling changes in three steps.

You could have re-used the factory bolt and cap nut with the new end-link hardware, many of us have had the same issue. The OE bolt and cap nut definitely help avoid a headache.

You could have re-used the factory bolt and cap nut with the new end-link hardware, many of us have had the same issue. The OE bolt and cap nut definitely help avoid a headache.

I know, but it kills me to put rusty old stuff back on when I have shiney new stuff! The bottle jack trick only took a few minutes to do, so it wasn't a big hassle.

Edited by SneakyPete (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back into looking for more upgrades and this is a must. Yes. i do feel like I'm going to plow right into a turm sometime. Well done jimp. Thanks to all for the inputs on the the installs. This looks to be an easy install without having to pay mech.

• 1 month later...

I would only use Belltech sway bars. They are made for 03-04 SS' with front and rear bars. Booth1 if your interested I can pm you the model number.

I was driving an awd bmw (2001-2005) before the truck and adding sway bars is like night and day, a huge difference. This will be my first mod when I decide my truck needs it.

anyone know the rear #?

These trucks are not equipped with a rear sway bar, there are rear sway bar kits out there from companies such as Addco and Hotchkis.

I would only use Belltech sway bars. They are made for 03-04 SS' with front and rear bars. Booth1 if your interested I can pm you the model number.

I was driving an awd bmw (2001-2005) before the truck and adding sway bars is like night and day, a huge difference. This will be my first mod when I decide my truck needs it.

The front sway bar on the SSS is plenty big enough, but the rubber bushings & end links suck. This Energy Suspension low cost bushing/endlink upgrade vastly improves handling. Buying a new front bar for these trucks is a waste of money IMO.

These trucks are not equipped with a rear sway bar, there are rear sway bar kits out there from companies such as Addco and Hotchkis.

yea i looked around a little but didnt find one for an 05 so i was asking for a part # if antone has already bought one

Thanks Fireman31, I will be looking for new endlinks and bushings for the front.

For anyone else who wants some info on Belltech sway bars here it is.

made for 2003-2006 AWD silverado ss- quick reference # QR065502

front bars- are 1 1/4 inch thick-5406

rear bars- are 1 inch thick-5502

they are manafactured from cold formed solid steel w/ swedged end for best strength and reliability. The bushings are made from high grade hardware, polyurethane bushings that are powder coated to last long time.

www.belltechcorp.com

[email protected]

Sanger, CA (559)-875-0222

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)