New Forum Member Intro Thread

misterp

I thought I would start a member introduction thread, since the site owner has changed the site policies and now requires new forum logins to post ten replies before starting a thread these new folks don't get the chance to use this sub-forum and say hello.

So if you are a new SilveradoSS.com member please feel welcome to reply and introduce yourself here, and we'll see what we can do to help get your post count high enough so you can start your own forum threads. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m a new member hi all.<br />I don't have my SS yet but have a few questions.<br />I'm looking at a 2003 AWD SS at a dealer with 76000 miles.<br />Is that too high and are there things I should look for.<br /> I havent had a lot of time to search is there a place I should look here for info like this.<br />Thanks in advance

Edited by 05REX (see edit history)

Thanks for the replys.

They started at 23000 I got them talked down some but.........

They let me take it home and does this thing eat gas.Also it will need tires.

I geuss I HAVE SOME THINKING TO DO.

No way. I just sold my 03 w/33k for less than that. Look around and you will find a better deal. There might even be some on this site in the 4 sale section.

I thought I would start a member introduction thread, since the site owner has changed the site policies and now requires new forum logins to post ten replies before starting a thread these new folks don't get the chance to use this sub-forum and say hello.

So if you are a new SilveradoSS.com member please feel welcome to reply and introduce yourself here, and we'll see what we can do to help get your post count high enough so you can start your own forum threads. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

I want to say thanks for the post. I am a new member.. trying to get my posts up so because I have a few questions to ask..

I am not an SS owner, I needed a bit extra room, so I went for the Crew Cab. 5.3. I wish I had the AWD 6.0. The 6.0 will come in the near future.. Right now it's slightly modified. It's currently making 417 rwhp / 470 rwt.

I want to say thanks for the post. I am a new member.. trying to get my posts up so because I have a few questions to ask..

I am not an SS owner, I needed a bit extra room, so I went for the Crew Cab. 5.3. I wish I had the AWD 6.0. The 6.0 will come in the near future.. Right now it's slightly modified. It's currently making 417 rwhp / 470 rwt.

Welcome to the site and with those #'s I'd say your more than slightly modded :cheers:

Welcome to the site and with those #'s I'd say your more than slightly modded :cheers:

It is I'm pretty happy with it. Considering the numbers and I'm still able to get 14.8 in the city and close to 17 on the highway.. If I get on it, which I do often . it drops to about 14.1... It's a 2005 model, I have the original 5.3 block stock cam, Ls1 stage II MTI heads, magnacharger. 2.9 Pulley, MSD coils, MTI tune, and modified tranny, headers and hi flo cats, corsa cat back, with a 9 1/2 Tor conv. The head work and dyno was done at MTI.. was really surprised the the numbers and the way it all came together pretty easy.. It's never been to the track. One day - Not just yet.

Now if I could only get the rear tires to stick.. She's a sleeper now. stock 17" wheels, running boards (I've got young children that sometimes ride with dad) and slipped on a simple single exhaust tip - instead of the pretty one corsa supplied. It's nice to mess with people head's (GTOs, Mustangs, Porsches, Lightnings) when I get on it and blow by them and all they think they see is a big ole stock truck pulling away..

It is I'm pretty happy with it. Considering the numbers and I'm still able to get 14.8 in the city and close to 17 on the highway.. If I get on it, which I do often . it drops to about 14.1... It's a 2005 model, I have the original 5.3 block stock cam, Ls1 stage II MTI heads, magnacharger. 2.9 Pulley, MSD coils, MTI tune, and modified tranny, headers and hi flo cats, corsa cat back, with a 9 1/2 Tor conv. The head work and dyno was done at MTI.. was really surprised the the numbers and the way it all came together pretty easy.. It's never been to the track. One day - Not just yet.

Now if I could only get the rear tires to stick.. She's a sleeper now. stock 17" wheels, running boards (I've got young children that sometimes ride with dad) and slipped on a simple single exhaust tip - instead of the pretty one corsa supplied. It's nice to mess with people head's (GTOs, Mustangs, Porsches, Lightnings) when I get on it and blow by them and all they think they see is a big ole stock truck pulling away..

Impressive I cant wait to see some pics and get you Some MandH drag radials

MandHtires.com