New Forum Member Intro Thread

misterp

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newbies can't start topics before 10 replies? ...well that explains why I couldn't ask my shift kit question... LOL!!! I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area, and just picked up my used 2003 Silverado SS. It has been modified with a shift kit, K&N CAI, headers, full exhaust system (with butterfly-bolt by-pass block-offs that allow me to by-pass the cats), some sort of trans cooler, a twin-scoop hood and a toneau cover. I don't know exactly what was done to the truck because I bought it at auction, but it appears to have been well cared-for by it's previous owner. Here's a picture of my truck:

1184187089.jpg

I was hoping somebody would recognize it and maybe have a bit of history. In any event, it has a fairly substantial 1-2 shift, so I plan to have the Toy Shop have a look at it. I've done a bit of research here, so I understand that we have to be a bit careful with the transmissions.

This is my first pick-up truck, and so far it has been a ton of fun!

Edited by Erwin8r (see edit history)

Newbies can't start topics before 10 replies? ...well that explains why I couldn't ask my shift kit question... LOL!!! I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area, and just picked up my used 2003 Silverado SS. It has been modified with a shift kit, K&N CAI, headers, full exhaust system (with butterfly-bolt by-pass block-offs that allow me to by-pass the cats), some sort of trans cooler, a twin-scoop hood and a toneau cover. I don't know exactly what was done to the truck because I bought it at auction, but it appears to have been well cared-for by it's previous owner. Here's a picture of my truck:

1184187089.jpg

I was hoping somebody would recognize it and maybe have a bit of history. In any event, it has a fairly substantial 1-2 shift, so I plan to have the Toy Shop have a look at it. I've done a bit of research here, so I understand that we have to be a bit careful with the transmissions.

This is my first pick-up truck, and so far it has been a ton of fun!

Well for your first truck you got a good one IMO :chevy: Welcome to the forum - that looks like one of AUTOGUY's hockey stripes. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Well for your first truck you got a good one IMO :chevy: Welcome to the forum - that looks like one of AUTOGUY's hockey stripes. :thumbs:

Uh, I'm a moron--it's an '04... :yellow_loser: So the stripes are after-market? Okay... I figured out that the hood and grille were after-market, but I couldn't be sure about the stripes. Thanks, Mr. P--I've read a few of your very-informative drive train posts. Thanks again!

I hope I'm doing this right. My name is Bryan and I finally got my SSS 3 days ago. It is a black 2003 AWD with 22's, k&n filter, Gibson exhaust (that I am changing to flowmaster) Pioneer AVIC-D2 touch screen head unit with navagation system and dvd player and I love this truck. Lots of mods coming down the road, but more on that later. Check out this link for a video of my truck.

Check Out My Truck

:withstupid: Welcome Ron ..... we always need more SSSer's in Pa

count me in. Shaun from bloomsburg Pa. Just got 06 intimidator 6 days ago have put 2000 miles on it and ten runs down the strip. I'm going to have to give it a rest but it has been a blast so far! Bought in florida drove home, ran it at Numidia friday night, drove it to steel city mx national in Pittsburgh on sunday. Truck has been great it now has 18k on it and I got a great deal at 21400.00 out the door.

count me in. Shaun from bloomsburg Pa. Just got 06 intimidator 6 days ago have put 2000 miles on it and ten runs down the strip. I'm going to have to give it a rest but it has been a blast so far! Bought in florida drove home, ran it at Numidia friday night, drove it to steel city mx national in Pittsburgh on sunday. Truck has been great it now has 18k on it and I got a great deal at 21400.00 out the door.

Awesome man - congrats on the new truck! Great deal on it too.

count me in. Shaun from . Just got 06 intimidator 6 days ago have put 2000 miles on it and ten runs down the strip. I'm going to have to give it a rest but it has been a blast so far! Bought in florida drove home, ran it at Numidia friday night, drove it to steel city mx national in Pittsburgh on sunday. Truck has been great it now has 18k on it and I got a great deal at 21400.00 out the door.

:thumbs: Welcome to the site :thumbs:

where is bloomsburg at ?