New Forum Member Intro Thread

misterp

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY WHATS UP JUST ANOTHER NEWBIE HERE.IM FROM HOUSTON TX AND I HAVE A 2004 BLACK JOE GIBBS SS KNOCK OFF SILV. ITS NOT A REAL SS BUT IT IS AT HEART.

5.3 VORTEC SCW/6LBS OF BOOST

COLD AIR INTAKE

CAT BACK EXHAUST

TUNED

DYNO RESULTS:

MAX POWER 400.5 @5500 RPM

MAX TORQUE 425.6 @4500 RPM

HEY WHATS UP JUST ANOTHER NEWBIE HERE.IM FROM HOUSTON TX AND I HAVE A 2004 BLACK JOE GIBBS SS KNOCK OFF SILV. ITS NOT A REAL SS BUT IT IS AT HEART.

5.3 VORTEC SCW/6LBS OF BOOST

COLD AIR INTAKE

CAT BACK EXHAUST

TUNED

DYNO RESULTS:

MAX POWER 400.5 @5500 RPM

MAX TORQUE 425.6 @4500 RPM

Welcome to the site :cheers: Truck sounds nice, nice numbers too! :chevy:

Post some pics too...........

• 3 weeks later...
Newbies can't start topics before 10 replies? ...well that explains why I couldn't ask my shift kit question... LOL!!! I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area, and just picked up my used 2003 Silverado SS. It has been modified with a shift kit, K&N CAI, headers, full exhaust system (with butterfly-bolt by-pass block-offs that allow me to by-pass the cats), some sort of trans cooler, a twin-scoop hood and a toneau cover. I don't know exactly what was done to the truck because I bought it at auction, but it appears to have been well cared-for by it's previous owner. Here's a picture of my truck:

1184187089.jpg

I was hoping somebody would recognize it and maybe have a bit of history. In any event, it has a fairly substantial 1-2 shift, so I plan to have the Toy Shop have a look at it. I've done a bit of research here, so I understand that we have to be a bit careful with the transmissions.

This is my first pick-up truck, and so far it has been a ton of fun!

thats my old SSS. i bought it at courtesy chevrolet in san diego when i was in the Marine Corps and drove it all the way back to illinois where i traded it in. interesting that it made it all the way back to the west coast! pm me if you have any questions about the mods.

todd

thats my old SSS. i bought it at courtesy chevrolet in san diego when i was in the Marine Corps and drove it all the way back to illinois where i traded it in. interesting that it made it all the way back to the west coast! pm me if you have any questions about the mods.

todd

Todd, Great to hear from you!!! It is awesome knowing the the og owner is also on this list! I really love the truck! I bought it mostly for transporting the bikes around (that's the only reason the tonneau is coming off), but just fell in love with it's performance, etc. I replied to your PM with a couple of questions too.

It's funny that it made its way out to SoCal, but I plan to take care of it as much as you have. After I sort out a few things, I'm thinking FI is next...

Hey guys...old school gearhead here......Built many a bowtie monster for sure. Presently have a high tens 04 GTO with a 408 Stroker motor in it....all street legal :) I am a mod on a major LS1 forum.....sorta an "oil" geek. Have studied quite alot on lubes/oil and keep up with it. And yes Dyson Analysis does all my work and Terry is a personal friend. Just bought a 2007 Silverado 5.3L. Nice truck. Allen Nelson and I will slap a STS Turbo on it probably before Christmas. Other than that I'm not going to go to crazy on this truck as it will be my daily driver.Wanted to introduce myself and say hello and thanks for having an old man here on your fine forum. I'll share a little pic of some major bowtie horsepower stuffed in my 04 GTO......thanks again....

GTOENGINEBAYMedium.jpg

And the new truck....

Truck2Medium.jpg

Hey guys...old school gearhead here......Built many a bowtie monster for sure. Presently have a high tens 04 GTO with a 408 Stroker motor in it....all street legal :) I am a mod on a major LS1 forum.....sorta an "oil" geek. Have studied quite alot on lubes/oil and keep up with it. And yes Dyson Analysis does all my work and Terry is a personal friend. Just bought a 2007 Silverado 5.3L. Nice truck. Allen Nelson and I will slap a STS Turbo on it probably before Christmas. Other than that I'm not going to go to crazy on this truck as it will be my daily driver.Wanted to introduce myself and say hello and thanks for having an old man here on your fine forum. I'll share a little pic of some major bowtie horsepower stuffed in my 04 GTO......thanks again....

GTOENGINEBAYMedium.jpg

And the new truck....

Truck2Medium.jpg

welcome to the site :cheers: sweet rides, lets see more pics of the goat :P

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Hey guys, I purchased a bone stock 03 SS fairly recently and have been kinda cruising the site for info on mods and such. So far been very impressed with the amount of knowledge here. I'm finally startin to get some money saved too put into the truck, I'm thinkin of probably buyin myself some early christmas presents, so I'll definetly be on here more often in the near future.

newbie here on this board,and a whore on some others.

the truck isn't mine,but i am the tuner/driver when it gets to the track. also have a impala ss that ran low 11s on the gun,and a malibu we are finishing up to run at the drags as well.

always willing to try helping others sort out their combo's,and im sure i can learn from some others here as well.

i havea few vids posted already,and hope to provide some more exciting kill vids for you guys in the future.

Ron

newbie here on this board,and a whore on some others.

the truck isn't mine,but i am the tuner/driver when it gets to the track. also have a impala ss that ran low 11s on the gun,and a malibu we are finishing up to run at the drags as well.

always willing to try helping others sort out their combo's,and im sure i can learn from some others here as well.

i havea few vids posted already,and hope to provide some more exciting kill vids for you guys in the future.

Ron

welcome to the site :cheers: be sure to post more pics of the SSS and the Impala.......