New Forum Member Intro Thread

misterp

hello, my name is corry. i just joined and im in the dark here. soo... im not even shure if this mess is getting to somone or notconfused.gif. But any way i would like to talk to some people on this site cause i just had to put new carrier barings in my front diff. its a 03 ss silverado with 50000. so if anyone reads this mess it would awsome to hear from somone on this topic. Thanks! :yellow_loser:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, my name is corry. i just joined and im in the dark here. soo... im not even shure if this mess is getting to somone or notconfused.gif. But any way i would like to talk to some people on this site cause i just had to put new carrier barings in my front diff. its a 03 ss silverado with 50000. so if anyone reads this mess it would awsome to hear from somone on this topic. Thanks! :yellow_loser:

welcome to the site corry :cheers: where are you from? :confused:

FYI, front diff problems are common on AWD SSSs........

thanks mr jason

i have it for 10 manth untel today

and yes i do the work .

and i like nascar and that what leed me to this car and it was 10.000 k mile when i buy it and its 31 000 right this time

i hope that is the answer u looking 4 mr JASON .

and py the way i do have c4 94 and 1980 c3 and thay are moded :chevrolet:

I noticed you listed your exhaust mod on your SS in your signature.. How do you like the 2" Magnaflow?? I haven't made up my mind on Magnaflow or Flowmaster.. Anyone have any recommendations/opinions?

Edited by coltsblueSS (see edit history)

hi to any one over seas

in my signature i mantion also ( sory for the spill.....)

my car have no cats

and i meen py 2" is 2 in 2 out and thay are more than 2" inch

and thear are to much noise inside at lite thrutel pe4 2600rpm :banghead:

full thrutel les noise inside

all wat i can say it is vary baad in neaberhood

and it is ok in hiway driving :chevrolet:

i hop that help.

I noticed you listed your exhaust mod on your SS in your signature.. How do you like the 2" Magnaflow?? I haven't made up my mind on Magnaflow or Flowmaster.. Anyone have any recommendations/opinions?

I just bought an 06 GMC V-Max I have owned it about 3 month I 2 tickets in it I just cant keep my foot off the gas. When get in the thing and turn off the traction Control it becomes the funnest truck i have owned yet. But I got beat by a Ford Lighting so I decided that I need to get a turbo for it I was thinking an STS kit anyboby got any other suggetions.

First and foremost I have to thank Mr. P for starting this thread for us pathetic newbies :cheers:

My name is Matt, I live in Central Illinois(just outside Champaign/Urbana). I just purchased a Black 2003 silverado SS w/32,000 miles ,clean carfax, one owner :thumbs: ... Only problem is its in Minnesota :sigh: Luckily the dealer will deliver it here for me and should be enroute this upcoming week :tumbleweed: I get the feeling its gonna be a long week,.......but well worth the wait. Just out of curiousity is $22,200 delivered a decent price? I've been searching thru this forum for the past couple of weeks and have found some great info on these trucks. The wealth of knowledge you guys have collected here is truly priceless. :cheers: Hopefully I'll be able to contribute at some point in time. I also liked the fact that all the members here seem to be good humored people....well almost everyone :wtf: jk

On another note........I wanted to confess that it has come to my attention that I have a terrible affliction known as "The Mod Bug"...yes, its true. I don't even have the truck yet and I've Already got a set of take off oem chrome 20s from an 06 SSS waiting in my shop(didn't like the ones on truck), and I'm fighting the temptation of ordering the exhaust parts (dynatech and corsa)and the belltech parts for a 2/2 or 2/3 drop. Is there no cure? :banghead:

post-13381-1192408864_thumb.jpg

First and foremost I have to thank Mr. P for starting this thread for us pathetic newbies :cheers:

My name is Matt, I live in Central Illinois(just outside Champaign/Urbana). I just purchased a Black 2003 silverado SS w/32,000 miles ,clean carfax, one owner :thumbs: ... Only problem is its in Minnesota :sigh: Luckily the dealer will deliver it here for me and should be enroute this upcoming week :tumbleweed: I get the feeling its gonna be a long week,.......but well worth the wait. Just out of curiousity is $22,200 delivered a decent price?

I think it's a good price. I know that as long as looked for one, people always get at least book value for them, especially when they're mint. You'll be happy with your purchase..I've only had mine for about two weeks and I think it's a blast, mine is a one owner as well and is completely stock...I tinted the windows and next is the exhaust...still undecided on what yet also.

As for the rims, I must agree...OEM's will look much better than what's on it! Congrats and enjoy the truck!

Jason

:cheers:

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm glad to be a member.

Jason -- I noticed you live in Indy, If you get your exhaust and would like a better place to install it other than lying on your back, let me know I have access to the shop I work at which has 2 drive on lifts, one being a laser alignment machine, 2 two post lifts, welder, torches, air tools,etc... Its also heated which I personally like :thumbs: It would have to be an after hours thing (no charge)so having a key to the shop comes in handy :jester: I guess being the owners son has some advantages :idiot: but not usually.

Just an offer

I thought I would start a member introduction thread, since the site owner has changed the site policies and now requires new forum logins to post ten replies before starting a thread these new folks don't get the chance to use this sub-forum and say hello.

So if you are a new SilveradoSS.com member please feel welcome to reply and introduce yourself here, and we'll see what we can do to help get your post count high enough so you can start your own forum threads. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

2003 blue ss walker la. any other ss's nearby? would,nt mind starting a club to go to shows nearby

:cheers:

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'm glad to be a member.

Jason -- I noticed you live in Indy, If you get your exhaust and would like a better place to install it other than lying on your back, let me know I have access to the shop I work at which has 2 drive on lifts, one being a laser alignment machine, 2 two post lifts, welder, torches, air tools,etc... Its also heated which I personally like :thumbs: It would have to be an after hours thing (no charge)so having a key to the shop comes in handy :jester: I guess being the owners son has some advantages :idiot: but not usually.

Just an offer

Thanks..I'll keep that in mind! Perfect timing!! My brother-n-law leased a shop for about two years and just closed it, so I've got no where to do any work. :thumbs: