SSS.com Calendar

SS_bnoon_SS

Am I the only NON-SUPPORTING member wondering why only the SUPPORTING members are eligible to have their trucks' photos in the calendar? Was there a reason posted somewhere in this thread why NON-SUPPORTING member's photos were ineligible?

I think that I had nominated to buy 2 of these calendars back when the poll came out to see if it was feasible to make them. Makes me think twice now about buying if I don't have any chance at all at having my truck's pictures in the calendar. :shakehead:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only NON-SUPPORTING member wondering why only the SUPPORTING members are eligible to have their trucks' photos in the calendar? Was there a reason posted somewhere in this thread why NON-SUPPORTING member's photos were ineligible?

I think that I had nominated to buy 2 of these calendars back when the poll came out to see if it was feasible to make them. Makes me think twice now about buying if I don't have any chance at all at having my truck's pictures in the calendar. :shakehead:

Join up and support the site.

We supporting members make this site possible. Therefore we deserve to have a better chance of having our trucks on the calender. There's not much to argue about that.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

We supporting members make this site possible. Therefore we deserve to have a better chance of having our trucks on the calender. There's not much to argue about that.

OK ... I agree with that ... But "having a better chance" would be something like 80/20 ... 70/30 ... NOT 100/0.

I agree that members supporting this site should get perks from the site ... which, I'm sure you all do. But, this calendar, I'm sure will also be available for purchase to non-members ... and the profits from calendar sales are also going to be contributed to the site. So, is it fair that non-members, who will be making a contribution to the site by buying a calendar, are not eligible to have their trucks featured?

I'm not trying to start anything, so please don't anyone take it that way. But, I do know that there are many non-supporting members that have awesome trucks that have no chance at all of getting their photos in the calendar ... sorry, but IMHO, that's not fair.

OK ... I agree with that ... But "having a better chance" would be something like 80/20 ... 70/30 ... NOT 100/0.

I agree that members supporting this site should get perks from the site ... which, I'm sure you all do. But, this calendar, I'm sure will also be available for purchase to non-members ... and the profits from calendar sales are also going to be contributed to the site. So, is it fair that non-members, who will be making a contribution to the site by buying a calendar, are not eligible to have their trucks featured?

I'm not trying to start anything, so please don't anyone take it that way. But, I do know that there are many non-supporting members that have awesome trucks that have no chance at all of getting their photos in the calendar ... sorry, but IMHO, that's not fair.

:withstupid: But I am trying to stay out of this.

Heres my take, Brad is making the calender with his cash, his time, his labor and research, I hate to say it, but its his game and he makes the rules. I commend him for stepping up and taking charge on something we all want.

With that said, Thanks BRAD!!

Heres my take, Brad is making the calender with his cash, his time, his labor and research, I hate to say it, but its his game and he makes the rules. I commend him for stepping up and taking charge on something we all want.

With that said, Thanks BRAD!!

:withstupid: I agree ... his project, his rules. Just trying to advocate for us non-members. :flag:

I dont care either way but I thought we took a poll on this very subject and the majority said supporting members only.

I searched real quick ... all I could find was a post from Jan. '07 from BOB47 mentioning that only supporting members would be allowed to vote on the picture submissions ... View Thread Here

It would be nice to see the non-members' trucks participate in this event ... esp. since the majority of the buyers for the calendars will be non-members ... :smash:

i agree with the supporting member idea. you have to pay to plat imo . but another opinion of mine not aimed directly at anyone is having all stock trucks ( appearance wise) would be kind of boring.

btw brad i dont have any new pics yet but i have plans to detail the ss on the 23 of this month so i will have some awesome pics then . hopefully a few of my new mods will be on too.

I searched real quick ... all I could find was a post from Jan. '07 from BOB47 mentioning that only supporting members would be allowed to vote on the picture submissions ... View Thread Here

maybe your right. I thought I saw something about this but maybe I'm confusing this with featured Truck Contest :dunno:

WAAAAAAA!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Brad, did you get my pics....? :devil:

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

Cleaned her up again. She shines! Now, if I only can keep her looking like this. These pictures are trimmed down as each one was well over 2MB a piece. SS_Boon_SS, let me know if you want these in the full size. My brother also took some better ones without the glare and better poses.

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Where did you get those Ugly wheels???? :jester:

"Makes me think twice now about buying if I don't have any chance at all at having my truck's pictures in the calendar"

Im sorry dude, how old are we?

We're old enough to know how business and benefit work. Not to be crass, but for non-members to make a monetary contribution towards the greater good, and not receive as much benefit as those that have made a contribution whom have already rec'd benefits for a totally different product ... yes, I will think twice before making the contribution ... and receiving nothing in return. I am sure you would do the same.

What has to be realized here is that this discussion encompasses 2 different products:

1. Website Subscription

2. Calendar Purchase

Those that have made the purchase for product #1 already receive their benefits by having more capability than those that do not purchase, via the website. This should NOT influence calendar project benefits.

Those that will be purchasing the calendar when it's published will be making an equal amount of contribution towards the site, regardless whether they're a member or not. So ... wouldn't it make sense to allow everyone to contribute towards the project's goals, since we'll all be contributing the same amount? (IE - accepting photos from everyone)

:seeya: