My Turbo Build

Quik

Looks great... as far as I know the 4.10 gears are way too tall for a turbo car/truck.... tell me if I am wrong though :cheers:

running 30" tall tires and weight of truck are alot different then how a car is. not to mention i dont have 410s

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your build looks great, remember if you change you Battery from stock location you need a electrical cut off switch in the rear for track use.

What i did was take another spare tire lock assembly ( the plastic part ) and mount it on the left side of the rear plate. Just open the flap stick a rod through with the turn nob and I have my cut off switch. when on the street you can't even tell anything is different.

Mark

your build looks great, remember if you change you Battery from stock location you need a electrical cut off switch in the rear for track use.

What i did was take another spare tire lock assembly ( the plastic part ) and mount it on the left side of the rear plate. Just open the flap stick a rod through with the turn nob and I have my cut off switch. when on the street you can't even tell anything is different.

Mark

killswitch.jpg did that last year.

but see that can be argued some. alot of todays vehicles are now coming with batterys relcolated. a SSR has battery under bed, colbalts also and quite afew of others. so they need to address that rule

killswitch.jpg did that last year.

but see that can be argued some. alot of todays vehicles are now coming with batterys relcolated. a SSR has battery under bed, colbalts also and quite afew of others. so they need to address that rule

very true, but I believe the rules say "IF" Battery is moved from Factory location you have to have a cut off. It doesn't say that it has to be under the hood.

Mark

very true, but I believe the rules say "IF" Battery is moved from Factory location you have to have a cut off. It doesn't say that it has to be under the hood.

Mark

well then that can be questioned as well since some ppl put their batterys in the diesel location.. get what im saying? they need to update tha rule for todays modern vehicles.

Looks great... as far as I know the 4.10 gears are way too tall for a turbo car/truck.... tell me if I am wrong though :cheers:

well like quik said there are alot of other factors. i have a much much taller OD than the automatics, and i also have taller gears all arround. first gear is signifigantly taller, so i wont have any problems with a 4.10 setup. now if we were referring to an auto truck with stock sized tires, a 4.10 on all this HP would be simply impossible to control. when i had the auto and the 3.73 i basically had no first gear

well like quik said there are alot of other factors. i have a much much taller OD than the automatics, and i also have taller gears all arround. first gear is signifigantly taller, so i wont have any problems with a 4.10 setup. now if we were referring to an auto truck with stock sized tires, a 4.10 on all this HP would be simply impossible to control. when i had the auto and the 3.73 i basically had no first gear

That part I understand, but I was under the impression that turbo vehicles liked 3.23 or 3.42 gears much better for loading under the street driving conditions. I am not speaking from experience however, just what I was told when contemplating my turbo camaro build.

I would really be interested in some information on how hard/ costly your t56 swap was as that would really be something that I would want to do in the near future, as soon as I get my truck. :cheers::chevy:

That part I understand, but I was under the impression that turbo vehicles liked 3.23 or 3.42 gears much better for loading under the street driving conditions. I am not speaking from experience however, just what I was told when contemplating my turbo camaro build.

I would really be interested in some information on how hard/ costly your t56 swap was as that would really be something that I would want to do in the near future, as soon as I get my truck. :cheers::chevy:

you could never use a t56 to its full potential with 342s. when using a 30" tire the rpms to use the 6th gear would be pointless. my gearin i have now is similar to someone using 373s in a fbody with stock tires. also those are ideal gearing for racing but not racing would be horrible. this way gearing will help more then less gearing would. hell parish i believe was running 410s with a 28" tall tire. runs low 10s in around 5k in weight

That part I understand, but I was under the impression that turbo vehicles liked 3.23 or 3.42 gears much better for loading under the street driving conditions. I am not speaking from experience however, just what I was told when contemplating my turbo camaro build. I would really be interested in some information on how hard/ costly your t56 swap was as that would really be something that I would want to do in the near future, as soon as I get my truck. :cheers::chevy:

gearing is a must, 4.10s are fine all day long..........you dont see a turbo funny car with 3.23, 3.42 do you. JMO

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

ya but like we have been saying, you cant compare a car with 27" tires to a truck with 32" tires. a turboed f body would prob be much more manageable with 3.42s than 3.73s..... 4.10s on a powerful fbody would be pointless. but on a truck, you have to step the scale up

• 2 months later...
well most of my fuel setup showed up. only things waiting on for fuel is my 2-255s and my custom pump housing and my 60# injectors

0412081209.jpg

0412081211.jpg

0412081514.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics. cell phone :(

its -8 feed with -6 return. my lines are Earl black braided lines

my pump housing will look similar to this

CIMG0987.jpg

CIMG0988.jpg

CIMG1016.jpg

CIMG1037.jpg

CIMG1038.jpg