PCM programming discussion/questions

zippy

:chevy: Maby when you do this, you need to put out the $'s and keep the old PCM and put it back in when it goes for service?  Thoughts?

Actually, this is what I did. I had a junkyard PCM flashed to current factory specs, the tuned it with the Mallett specs to start tuning from. This is when I found out about the Segment ID updating. Check around, I got a PCM for $75, then $40 flash fee. :thumbs:

m396 #00-011,

Will any PCM from a 6.0 engine work or does it have to be from an SS?

Ray

GM changed the ECM in 03 so a 02 computer won't work. And as far as I know all 03/04 computers have the same part #. So no it doesn't have to be a 6.0 computer, the engine parameters are part of the programming not the hardware.

Good Luck

MN C5,

Thanks for the Info!

Ray

Another Beautiful Sunny Day In North Central Washington!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Torq man and line pressure. Can you have different settings for each table in regular verses tow mode??

Yes! :thumbs:

You can have different settings for the following between normal and performance modes:

upshift torque reduction, base line pressure, shift speeds/RPMs, and torque converter lockup speed

does anyone know what the link is to the site for purchasing PCM's. i need to pick up one to ship to my custom tuner. seeing as mine was stolen out of my truck. and the part number for the 2003-2004 PCM wouldnt hurt either.

They stole your pcm? Man it has to be somebody you now then.

does anyone know what the link is to the site for purchasing PCM's. i need to pick up one to ship to my custom tuner. seeing as mine was stolen out of my truck. and the part number for the 2003-2004 PCM wouldnt hurt either.

I feel for ya, those thugs need to be beat.

The 03/04 pcms have the service number ending in 605, any junkyard should be able to set you up.

good luck,

allen

i have a 99 tahoe that needs programming. any idea's on who to have it done by or where to get the software to do it. the only programmer i see that lists it is ed wright.

i have a 99 tahoe that needs programming. any idea's on who to have it done by or where to get the software to do it. the only programmer i see that lists it is ed wright.

What engine? What PCM #?

I think the Tahoe should be same PCM group as the trucks. (You could probably check a few part #'s to verify). If so, then any tuner with LS1Edit (unlimited version) should be able to help you.

Archived