Highest Mileage Ss Trucks?

snowmunky

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my SSS a few months ago with 128k on her. Has 129k now. The truck was totally stock till I got it. Still had the original plugs and wires in it I believe. Still runs great. Going through the tranny next week if I get a chance.

• 1 month later...

My 04 SS just rolled over 95k... put on 16k w/o issue since I bought it mid Feb.

Just recently started to notice the steering clunk but I hear it's not too hard of a fix... unbolt the steering shaft, slide back and forth a bit and bolt back together. I'm gonna give it a try this weekend if I get around to it.

post-18170-1248895459_thumb.jpg

Just turned 85k.

fixed:

Front wheel bearing 60k

steering wheel shaft clunk fix 60k

new bilstein shocks 78k

new all around brakes 85k

Just completed full around brake job. My previous brakes where apparently garbage. :mad: The rear rotors exhibited a lot of rot and the semi-met pads were extremely glazed. The whole rear end backer plates where so rotted they flaked and were falling apart! Only did I realize you need to pull the rear hubs to remove the backer plates did I swear and throw tools all over.. :mad: Cut them off with a sawzall and tin snips.. :sigh:

I live in the north east (mass) and do a lot of driving on 87N and all though the New York Adirondacks and north country (near st. lawrence seaway).. All that salt from winter driving maybe rotted my brakes and plates out quick! Anyone else have this trouble?

Does anyone know if backer plates are really required?? I would imagine most remove them to fit big brake kits in the rear? :dunno:

Rotors: Centric Cryo Stop

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?...&perfCode=S

Pads: Adaptive One Ceramics w/Nulok from NAPA

http://www.adaptiveone.com/

current issues:

Has front end diff bearing "growl" which is very annoying.. looking to have bearings replaced soon.

needs new rubber all around trying to decide on tires..

Edited by Blackout03 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...