408 "ls-6" With Direct Port Nitrous

Krambo

:lol: No kidding! The nitrous will not see too much action. I focused on a N/A motor and the rest is for mainly show. However, don't think I will not be "testing" it out at a track.

Well, the wiring is VERY easy compared to an Innovate, it has outputs for logging and utilizes the same Bosch O2 sensor that most widebands do. It seams to react quickly and my readings from commanded AFR are just about dead on (not sure if that is good or bad). It does have a stupid function though, when you fire the truck up, it counts down from like 20 before you can get a reading. It kind of made idle tuning a little challenging but I survived. Other than that, the O2 wire could be a little longer.

I chose it due to matching my current phantom FP gauge and also the white faces of the SS cluster.

thats same reason why i want it. so it matchs my Northface cluster and phantom guages lol. so read well then with MPVI pro?

thats same reason why i want it. so it matchs my Northface cluster and phantom guages lol. so read well then with MPVI pro?

Yea, Just have to set it up in HPTuners as there is no listing for the Autometer WB under the "Hot List". I set up the gauge range from 10 - 16 (AFR) because that is really all I care about (and will be more accurate). Then you need to create a custom PID for the gauge using a linear scale:

Autometer WB user custom PID for HPT

Seems to be doing well so far. :cheers:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
hey Kevin hows your project coming along? any numbers on it yet?

Ahhh, its been slow. I have been pretty sick for what seems like the past 6 weeks so balancing family, work, health and truck project has been interesting. Obviously the truck is last on the list.

I did get the bottles mounted in a billet dual bottle mounting kit and the nitrous line ran though. I need to clean up the wiring and hoses on the driver's side of the motor, install the CF radiator cover (thanks for a great piece!), install the 2nd nitrous kit, a little painting and complete the bird's nest of wires for all of the electronics to function. Still alot of work but the truck is very driveable and I have been taking it out on the nice days to stretch her legs. I considered taking it to the track for a N/A shakedown run however I really want to get some more miles on the motor.

I did "semi" launch it and it broke all 4 loose with ease so that is promising :uhoh:

Kev,

Everything looks top notch you are doing a really great job putting her all together. I am going to be really looking forward to the track numbers when she's ready.

In the meantime..

Your 3000 miles away.. but im still comin for ya

hahaa

:jester:

Kev,

Everything looks top notch you are doing a really great job putting her all together. I am going to be really looking forward to the track numbers when she's ready.

In the meantime..

Your 3000 miles away.. but im still comin for ya

hahaa

:jester:

LOL! Thanks Frank. I am sure your monster will be the top dog...you working on it? :eek:

LOL! Thanks Frank. I am sure your monster will be the top dog...you working on it? :eek:

Yeah been driving it. Running pretty good. Still some tuning to work out. I drove it back to Chicago for Xmas then flew back here then I went and got it last month. 24-25 mpg average all the way back on the highway doing roughly 80. I love having compression now it runs so much more efficient compared to boost. I miss my boost sometimes. But the torque is fantastic. I am still shaking the tires loose from a 65 mph downshift the 285/50/20's on the heavy as GMPP wheels.

I am making a few other changes to it. I still haven't wired it or plumbed it for the bottle. It's coming soon though. I want to get it as tight as I can on motor before I start hosing it. I am making a few exhaust changes. I love my current setup for sound. However the big baby can't breathe. I need more room. So bigger. 4 inch duramax corsa and 4 inch single coming very soon. Also I am going to finally have to break down and get into the 18 inch wheel scene for some drag tires. The 17" M&H don't stand a chance the way the truck is blowing the tires off on the highway.

Ahhh, its been slow. I have been pretty sick for what seems like the past 6 weeks so balancing family, work, health and truck project has been interesting. Obviously the truck is last on the list.

I did get the bottles mounted in a billet dual bottle mounting kit and the nitrous line ran though. I need to clean up the wiring and hoses on the driver's side of the motor, install the CF radiator cover (thanks for a great piece!), install the 2nd nitrous kit, a little painting and complete the bird's nest of wires for all of the electronics to function. Still alot of work but the truck is very driveable and I have been taking it out on the nice days to stretch her legs. I considered taking it to the track for a N/A shakedown run however I really want to get some more miles on the motor.

I did "semi" launch it and it broke all 4 loose with ease so that is promising :uhoh:

Sounds good :cheers: hope you get better so you can finish her up and stop the suspense already :jester:

• 5 weeks later...

Shakedown passes are scheduled tonight :thumbs:

I will be tuning the WOT areas of the MAF table at the track and then give her one or two good runs without nitrous. Other than that, just been tuning, tuning, tuning.

I should have final pictures up in a couple of weeks.