LONG TUBE HEADER OPTIONS

SPEEDCRAVIN

OK ***HDMLNIUM*** IS THE ONLY REASON YOUR KIT DID NOT WORK OUT WELL IS BECAUSE IT IS THE ONE FOR THE HUMMERS? AND WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE MIDSECTION YOU DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE KIT? IS IT THE WAY IT WAS MANUFACTURED, THE WAY IT PERFORMED, OR THE WHAY IT SOUNDED? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I reported I had sent back the drivers side Supermaxx header because the flange that bolts up to the head was badly warped. Well I got another one back in the mail today and guess what? It is just as bad as the one I sent back!! Also they did not put in the reinbursement check for shipping like they said they would. I will fix it myself and install this weekend. :crazy: More to come....

I just ordered a set of the headers only today, and Im planning on building my own 3" mid pipe without cats. Much better way to go IMO. I dont think HI flow cats are worth it anyways, because like as stated above, they usually arent efficient enough to keep most cars from setting a code, and these headers have no chance of being smog legal in Ca anyways because the Cats are not in the original location. The look great though and I cant wait for them to arrive.

I have LS1 edit so I can just delete my rear O2s from the programming, So I dont have to have anything back there. But if you were planning something similar and dont have edit, or a custom tune, then you will need O2 simms, because you are gonna be setting codes without cats in there

My supermaxx system got here today. Go figure they put the wrong installation instructions in the box. I am beginning to wonder about this company.

Here is my question. This system claims it is direct bolt on. I see how this works for the passenger side. You guys that have this already, how does the drivers side bolt on. Here is a picture below.

hummer_top.jpg

Well I JINXed myself. My headers have created a warmer Trans temp!!!! Anyone else seen this?/???

:wtf: How do headers have anything to do with this? They will add some heat to under the hood, but I doubt enough heat is added back by the tranny where the collectors are. :(

My tranny temp changes some based on current driving style and outside temps.

The trany is bolted directly to the engine, and the hotter the engine the hotter the trans, it's like a heatsink! You would be suprized how related this is. By the way, horsepower equals heat!!

I understand all this, but your are getting minimal gains in hp translating to little if any heat. The only way the tranny is getting higher temps is from heat soak of the surrounding header pipe and collector. I would never guess that they put off enough heat to warm the tranny temps though. Looks like it's time to step up to a better tranny cooler anyway with the blower and other stall convertor mods. :thumbs:

Archived