LONG TUBE HEADER OPTIONS

SPEEDCRAVIN

Jason, for a minute I thought you were saying that you were getting a blower.

Anwyay, Preston is having some higher heat conditions due the fact that his tranny lines are rubbing the headers. Anyone who has the ASM headers and knows how hot them suckers get, knows that "could" cause what he's seeing. Albeit, only minor changes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jason, for a minute I thought you were saying that you were getting a blower.

Anwyay, Preston is having some higher heat conditions due the fact that his tranny lines are rubbing the headers. Anyone who has the ASM headers and knows how hot them suckers get, knows that "could" cause what he's seeing. Albeit, only minor changes.

;) I just couldn't see radiant heat making a large enough change to notice on the trucks dash gauge.

. It had caused about a 20 degree spike, during normal city driving, and the outside temps have been lower since I've put them on then before so it may be even more...Problem has been resolved, it took some heat wrap on both the headers and the trans tubes. :smash: Larger cooler going on this weekend as well as, changing the fluid to synthetic, that claims a 35 degree drop....

. It had caused about a 20 degree spike, during normal city driving, and the outside temps have been lower since I've put them on then before so it may be even more...Problem has been resolved, it took some heat wrap on both the headers and the trans tubes. :smash: Larger cooler going on this weekend as well as, changing the fluid to synthetic, that claims a 35 degree drop....

:cool: Glad that resolved the issue. I used Syn ATF when I did my tranny upgrade. I have never seen temps higher than the first notch (150 ?) on the gauge, even after beating on it.

I guess I missed a few questions that were for me, sorry for not getting back sooner.

What I didn't like was that the bends were off for my truck, fitment issues.

Both my rear o2 sensors have gone bad from rubing my floor and fuel lines.

The crossover pipe was hitting the driveshaft, had to crush it pretty good to keep it from rubing. Other than that I am happy with it.

I got an e-mail from Dynatech the other day, they have made some changes by my request, as soon as it gets here I am going to change it all out. I am going to give Dynatech my feedback and if everything fits right they are going to make the changes permanent that they did for me on all the system from now on.

The Suppermaxx system is a good one and they will make it right, they are even sending me two new rear o2 sensors with the new kit. You can't beat that, it should be here this week and I will let you all know how the changes came out.

Bill-03-SD

• 10 years later...

Archived