Better Mileage

RICK.69SS

Have an Intimidator SS also. Added Flowmaster and still have both exhaust out the right side. Also added a VariRam cold air intake. They were originally made for corvettes and perform well. Gas around town runs 16.5 to 16.7 Highway is mid 19's Runs well and best add on so far was the Bully Dog Pup for gas. It's set for regular gas and stock tranny shift. When set on performance settings it'll go from 0 to 60 in holy @$#%...lol

Next thing is to visit some LM racers that Run a muffler and tech shop for a performance chip.

Problem is breaking traction. The control kicks in and it has been both helpful and aggravating. Enjoy your SS and let others wonder if it'll run or not...Just grin.

• 2 weeks later...
Have an Intimidator SS also. Added Flowmaster and still have both exhaust out the right side. Also added a VariRam cold air intake. They were originally made for corvettes and perform well. Gas around town runs 16.5 to 16.7 Highway is mid 19's Runs well and best add on so far was the Bully Dog Pup for gas. It's set for regular gas and stock tranny shift. When set on performance settings it'll go from 0 to 60 in holy @$#%...lol

Next thing is to visit some LM racers that Run a muffler and tech shop for a performance chip.

Problem is breaking traction. The control kicks in and it has been both helpful and aggravating. Enjoy your SS and let others wonder if it'll run or not...Just grin.

One thing I've noticed with my 06 SS, it never changes in the reading. 14.4 mpg. All the time.

Doesn't matter how it's driven... racing a vett or driving 40mph down the street or highway miles.

Anybody notice this? Nothing's been changed on this truck. It did go from 14.3 to 14.4 and that's the

only change on the average fuel economy. The only thing I can think of is the computer is off,

or that what I get for mpg. I have never realized 19mpg at 55mph.

Thanks njr

One thing I've noticed with my 06 SS, it never changes in the reading. 14.4 mpg. All the time.

Doesn't matter how it's driven... racing a vett or driving 40mph down the street or highway miles.

Anybody notice this? Nothing's been changed on this truck. It did go from 14.3 to 14.4 and that's the

only change on the average fuel economy. The only thing I can think of is the computer is off,

or that what I get for mpg. I have never realized 19mpg at 55mph.

Thanks njr

As I understand it, the 06 provides average fuel economy, not instant. If you were to reset the average, you'd see instant results for a short while. The longer you run the average, the less it will change. I'm not sure mathematically (after so many miles) when to tell you to reset it for it to be more accurate on average. I reset mine on a long trip or on every other fill up or so. Usually keeps it close to calculating the average manually (gallons used vs. miles traveled).

As I understand it, the 06 provides average fuel economy, not instant. If you were to reset the average, you'd see instant results for a short while. The longer you run the average, the less it will change. I'm not sure mathematically (after so many miles) when to tell you to reset it for it to be more accurate on average. I reset mine on a long trip or on every other fill up or so. Usually keeps it close to calculating the average manually (gallons used vs. miles traveled).

:withstupid: Yes the '06+ SSSs have average economy only. You have to reset it every so often. I reset mine at every fill up.

I reset my avg fuel economy gauge and compared it after driving approx. 500 miles. It was dead on my calculations at 16.3 MPG. A lot of my driving was highway. That was with a Kawasaki KFX 700, a kids ATV, two adults and the kid, both of my dogs and all of our luggage/road trip crap and with the AC blowing all the way!

My city average is always around 14.8-15 MPG.

Edited by SilveradoEsEs (see edit history)