Front End Noise

nkurs365@uwsp.edu

So my cruise finally started working again a cpl days ago, but no i have a front end noise sort of a grinding like noise right under the pedals it seems like. What can this possibly be im gonna look at it this weekend just kinda looking for some ideas as to what i should look at. Thanks

Look at your front differential. Drivers side axle carrier bearing could be going out. Grab the axle where it comes out of the diff and see if you can move it up and down or side to side. Another way to see if your diff is going out is to drain your fluid out of the diff. If it has a lot of little metal chunks coming out or metal on the drain plug then I would say your diff is shot. This would be the first thing I would check.

Nope! When your easing on the throttle it will make the sound. It's because when you do throttle it, it puts torque on the axle shaft, bearing etc. When your off the pedal then the diff parts are kinda like free floating. Thrust me mine did the same thing. Best way to tell if the diff is going out is to buy yourself some fluid and drain the diff. Plus if you don't find chuncks in the fluid and it looks ok then at least you know and you have brand new fluid for many miles. Also don't forget to grab the driver side axle at the diff to see if you have alot of up and down and side to side play. Good luck!

I have to disagree with ya FireRescueSS, not every AWD vehical makes this noise, and too many of SS owners in here have that noise with the chewed up bearings, metal shavings, and bad parts to boot. It is clearly a bad front diff problem. Hell, some people on here are on their 2nd, and 3rd front diff with low miles. No bad blood Fire, just my 02. I'm not new to cars and trucks, just new to the site.

Thats what I do. I did find out the other day that I need new sway arm bushing Idler arm pitman arm and tie rods. Going to start with the tie rods but I was told a lot of idler arms go. Also are there a lot of chevy's having to replace the bearings??..

this isnt just a noise bcuz i can hear it under my feet........and it was never there b4 I am gonna take it in to get it looked at tomorrow

I think we have the same problem. I just posted today as well, check my thread.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50992

Good luck I'll keep an eye on your thread.

Oh here is another thread talking about the same thing.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...=49362&st=0

Edited by rwoodards (see edit history)

So i took mine in yesterday to the place i purchase all my tires, really good guys family shop. They said it was my wheel bearing so i had that replaced well that didnt work. So I am dropping it off at lunch back there today. What other bearings could it be on the driver side ??