Intimidator Ss 3 Piece Wing

eddieo818

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I can't tell much from that picture about the angle of the bend or size. How do you get the placment to drill the holes and make the bend? Sorry for being "dense" about this!

I think it's a rounded 90 degree bend, not sure. There's a post with pics of the template for the side pieces. It has sizes and I plan to try and use it tomorrow to cut out a bracket. I'll try to post it up tomorrow when I get one made.

I think it's a rounded 90 degree bend, not sure. There's a post with pics of the template for the side pieces. It has sizes and I plan to try and use it tomorrow to cut out a bracket. I'll try to post it up tomorrow when I get one made.

Thanks, is the picture of the template at correct scale when you click on 100% while viewing it?

if you click on the template, put a piece of paper over the screen, and trace the outline of the side pattern, it works. Both myself and imposster have done this to mount our wings. it's as close to 100% scale as your gonna get. as far as the brackets, they should be easy enough to fab up, just take a piece of sheet metal, bend a 90*, and then mark for trimming, drill three holes in the bracket, two in the bed, and then it's done.

if you click on the template, put a piece of paper over the screen, and trace the outline of the side pattern, it works. Both myself and imposster have done this to mount our wings. it's as close to 100% scale as your gonna get. as far as the brackets, they should be easy enough to fab up, just take a piece of sheet metal, bend a 90*, and then mark for trimming, drill three holes in the bracket, two in the bed, and then it's done.

Thanks, I'm assuming the bend is made where the template wraps around the inside of the bed toward the tailgate and the rest of the bracket remains straight, or does it have to curve with the end piece's shape like the template wraps around? I'm getting paranoid about this --- I sure don't want any COSTLY mistakes.

yes that's correct. it's a little unnerving drilling holes in your truck, but it's worth it. good luck.

Mine arrived yesterday the spoiler in great shape overall they could have been packed better for the extra $9.99 they charged but we did get one heck of a deal "Thanks Eddie" I am going to fab up my own brackets this weekend and see what come up with then send them to my powder coater. The spoiler will be heading to the painters in the next few weeks I will be getting my SS bumper cover re-painted at the same time. Once I make up the brackets I will see what I can do about offering them for the whole group powder coated for a small price.

Thanks

Sean

Got mine yesterday as well....better quality then i expected and already at the paint shop, my painter is a little under the weather but said i might have it and the bumper cover back tomorrow...doubtful im thinking mid next week but its no biggie im putting the turbo on the truck so its not going anywhere for a week or 2

QUOTE (TXblueSS @ Mar 12 2009, 04:59 PM) post_snapback.gifAnyone who got 2 or more of these, were they shipped seperate?

Sent you an email with the info you requested. :cheers:

i got mine 2day 2... only grip is that i paid 4 two and only got 1!!!!!!!! so i need to get a hold of him and ask him whats up......