Intimidator Ss 3 Piece Wing

eddieo818

as far as the hardware goes, lowes has everything you need. The have the plastic inserts for the main tailgat epiece, you'll have to drill out factory holes 1 size bigger, pop the rivets in, and then use m6X1.00 body bolts(look in the automotive bin in hardwre section) they have gm factory looking bolts without the factory price. As for the side wings, I got washers, lockwashers and nuts, all stainless of course, to mount to the stud. Once you make the braket up, you can simply use whatever bolts you would like to bolt it to the bed, and then use a speed nut on the extended part of the braket to secire a bolt to. Here's a parts list for the hardware I used:

Side Wings:

Hex Stainless Nuts m6X1.00

Stainless Split Lockwasher 6mm

1/4x1 Stainless Fender Washers ( I used one on each side, and then one on the extended bracket, fits the opening perfectly)

Main Spoiler:

Nylon Anchor Nut P/n 138672 x 10

Body Bolts M6X1.00 P/n 138935 X 10

1" x 50" Heavy duty outdoor 3m double sided tape.

I used 10nylon nuts and body bolts b/c i drilled the backside of the tailgate also. hope this helps. if it helps, i may be able to go to lowes and pick up needed hardware for kits and ship them if that helps.

thanks for the info!!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as the hardware goes, lowes has everything you need. The have the plastic inserts for the main tailgat epiece, you'll have to drill out factory holes 1 size bigger, pop the rivets in, and then use m6X1.00 body bolts(look in the automotive bin in hardwre section) they have gm factory looking bolts without the factory price. As for the side wings, I got washers, lockwashers and nuts, all stainless of course, to mount to the stud. Once you make the braket up, you can simply use whatever bolts you would like to bolt it to the bed, and then use a speed nut on the extended part of the braket to secire a bolt to. Here's a parts list for the hardware I used:

Side Wings:

Hex Stainless Nuts m6X1.00

Stainless Split Lockwasher 6mm

1/4x1 Stainless Fender Washers ( I used one on each side, and then one on the extended bracket, fits the opening perfectly)

Main Spoiler:

Nylon Anchor Nut P/n 138672 x 10

Body Bolts M6X1.00 P/n 138935 X 10

1" x 50" Heavy duty outdoor 3m double sided tape.

I used 10nylon nuts and body bolts b/c i drilled the backside of the tailgate also. hope this helps. if it helps, i may be able to go to lowes and pick up needed hardware for kits and ship them if that helps.

you have any pics of this install by any chance?

like i said, it's not completed, needs paint, and brackets made up, but that's how she'll sit. all lowes hardware, probably got $17-18 in hardware and tape. hopefully, when I can scrape up the money for aroll pan, i'll paint both and put them on the same time.

HPIM1355-1.jpgHPIM1357.jpgHPIM1354-1.jpg">

like i said, it's not completed, needs paint, and brackets made up, but that's how she'll sit. all lowes hardware, probably got $17-18 in hardware and tape. hopefully, when I can scrape up the money for aroll pan, i'll paint both and put them on the same time.

HPIM1355-1.jpgHPIM1357.jpgHPIM1354-1.jpg">

Info on the bed cover plz..

Some of you guys need to have some patience, everyone thinks buying on line is like ordering at Mickey D's drive threw window

paypal will do nothing within the first 7 days

Actually all he had to do is send a simple email stating it wil be shipped. I run an on-line business and I always inform my customers when they pay me, progress of the product and when it ships. It has been 5 days since I paid and NO email about my item I spent $190 on.

Sean

Actually all he had to do is send a simple email stating it wil be shipped. I run an on-line business and I always inform my customers when they pay me, progress of the product and when it ships. It has been 5 days since I paid and NO email about my item I spent $190 on.

Sean

Your email did not accept the info he sent but he will retry again but your item has been shipped.

Sean

Reply sent via pt.net.

I got the spoiler today, now I just wish I knew how to get a proper scale layout template and proper size brackets for the end pieces. Anyone have any info. on how to get the correct template and brackets?

Does anyone have a "good picture of the brackets and the size they are and how they are mounted to the end pieces. I'm supposed to be getting my spoiler this afternoon.

check this thread page 3 I think: pics of bracket

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)