Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

i know my stuff ok as well. i just dont think its this stuff . we spent an entire day searching for the possible problem and didnt find it. im not the type to take a vehicle to a shop to have this stuff done . in fact this is the first time the truck has ever been to a shop for the type of thing . only other times is the trans shop for repairs.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know my stuff ok as well. i just dont think its this stuff . we spent an entire day searching for the possible problem and didnt find it. im not the type to take a vehicle to a shop to have this stuff done . in fact this is the first time the truck has ever been to a shop for the type of thing . only other times is the trans shop for repairs.

i wish i was like that. i'm still learning. my bad if it seemed like i was putting you down. i wasn't saying you didn't know

Edited by 03_SS_22 (see edit history)

well didnt want to post this but bad news. truck went to the shop to get gone over. double and triple checked all wiring , i did my part perfect to the T. so next pulled the front timing cover, timing chain was snapped must have happened on a back fire , cam also seized to the lsx block cover. we mic'd it and iirc it was like .005 over normal . probably nothing ouf of the ordinary but could be the culprit. cam is off to be gone over and see if it can be saved. but the complete motor is out of the truck and down to a short block . i wanted the heads to be pulled to make sure the valves didnt come into contact with the pistons which thank god they didnt . good thing for dished pistons . check the valves , all good the heads held water. so new head gaskets on order.

hopefully have the truck back together next week. been having a horrible week . got another ticket, fell through my roof, my velodyne subwoofer took a shit and my chameleon is really sick . when it rains it frickin pours. thank fully i have a three day weekend.

well didnt want to post this but bad news. truck went to the shop to get gone over. double and triple checked all wiring , i did my part perfect to the T. so next pulled the front timing cover, timing chain was snapped must have happened on a back fire , cam also seized to the lsx block cover. we mic'd it and iirc it was like .005 over normal . probably nothing ouf of the ordinary but could be the culprit. cam is off to be gone over and see if it can be saved. but the complete motor is out of the truck and down to a short block . i wanted the heads to be pulled to make sure the valves didnt come into contact with the pistons which thank god they didnt . good thing for dished pistons . check the valves , all good the heads held water. so new head gaskets on order.

hopefully have the truck back together next week. been having a horrible week . got another ticket, fell through my roof, my velodyne subwoofer took a shit and my chameleon is really sick . when it rains it frickin pours. thank fully i have a three day weekend.

that's why i asked if there was any ptv. that could have been a killer. but like you said, good thing for dished pistons.

good luck! :cheers: