Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man the little things take forever. i keep saying this weekend but run into more things that need to be done. i didnt like the way the coil brackets were mounted to the covers so i made some changes. i tapped the braket mount in a different location so that i could move the coils up and not block the engraving as much . this way you can see the covers and hise some wiring behind them . below you can see how they were supposed to be mounted and now how they are mounted

DSC02750.jpg

valvecoverinstalled.jpg

well today should be launch. got everything pretty much done . with alot of help and thanks goes to 03caddypimpin , he has helped out so much with this swap . letting me make an absolute mess at his house .

also reynaldo aka chpspecial is also helping out a bit with the tuning and base file.

we did get to crank it over but the battery was really weak. so its charging and i had to go do some family business . i will be back in a few hours and hopefully driving the beast.

here are some almost final pics of the motor n/a

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

well huge day of frustration , got everything ready to go and found a bunch of fuel leaks . fixed them after hours of trying new things. still have a small one but a small drip on a fitting.

now to crank and nothing. check fuel , good , check spark good. dtc's show a p0343 cam voltage code. so now im pissed and a few corona's deep. going to give it some thought . right now could be wrong cam gear or something internal . fuggin sucks .