Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

art you talk to me like that again ill deport your ass!!!!

if your not doing anything we will be getting down tonight. going to start later since its about 106 out right now.

wont get it started however , my valve covers are lagging bad. i have no were to mount with the current covers.

but all we have left right now is bolt on the mani , route the battery cables . and a little wiring . not much at all.

the starter is in it was a pain the ass, there was no room to slide it in after the wiring was in , cant wait to finish to hear this thing run , chase tell those foos to send you your valve covers so we can get them on, ART where the hell have you been hit me up

• 2 weeks later...
ran into a bit of another intake manifold problem. the bolt holes arent lining up . im about 1/8th of an inch off . when i bolt down one side the other side is about 1/8 inch firther on the heads. meaning i need to stretch the manifold over to get to line up

Is it similar to if the block's deck height was too high??? Is it common with a thick composite gasket, certain aftermarket heads, or..?

Great buildup pics. Nice work.

Is it similar to if the block's deck height was too high??? Is it common with a thick composite gasket, certain aftermarket heads, or..?

Great buildup pics. Nice work.

combo of the deck height being slightly higher than other stock ls blocks and head gaskets being .060 instead of the stock .052.

im really hoping to get it fired next weekend. have a few other things that came up though ( work has been busy and ive been working alot of o.t. with my only day off being sunday , and i also am going into escrow on my first house . so alot of planning for that is happening) i have told the better half although we are getting a house , the truck will be finished as well.

combo of the deck height being slightly higher than other stock ls blocks and head gaskets being .060 instead of the stock .052.

im really hoping to get it fired next weekend. have a few other things that came up though ( work has been busy and ive been working alot of o.t. with my only day off being sunday , and i also am going into escrow on my first house . so alot of planning for that is happening) i have told the better half although we are getting a house , the truck will be finished as well.

Can't wait to hear/see the finished product.

:thumbs:

well the valve covers came in today .

got some work to do still ( figuure the best way to mount them as i have options with these mounts and need to make sure the wires i have will work )

pics

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02753.jpg