Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

DSC02604.jpg

an idea of what it will look like, still thinking of what will happen with the fuel rails for color. and have to get the regulator/and all the rails / lines ran so i can slap it on when the motor is in. have to also figure out what to do as the intake wouldnt sit down without hitting the valley cover. i think it will need to be milled a bit to work. the balancer also stopped short so it had to come off and re approached.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet is an understatement...they haven't created a word in the english dictionary yet for what this thing is gonna be!!!! lol

anymore pics????

Yes they have...TIMEBOMB!!! :jester: I can't wait to see this thing run. I hope Chase is taking the time to install a roll cage while she's down because he is gonna need it! :cheers:

got the 370 out today and pressure washed the bay . need to tap the block for the knock sensors and drop it in the 427 .

sending the 370 to get inspected, looks like i lost only one head gaskets.

had to get a custom cut valley cover for the sheet metal intake . have to cut the a/c bracket to make fit.

need to find a place that does anodizing , going to do the fuel rails, alternator, tb, alt bracket and some other small pieces.

hydroboost install will commence next week along with progress pictures.

the vortech , intake manifold will all be cleaned up and posted for sale .

spent about 4 hours on today after a 9 hour day . lotta heat and im tired as hell.

got the hydroboost in , that was a pita replacing the brake pedal . got the intercooler off , old 370 back to get freshened up.

rails to the anodizer. cleaned up some wiring and thats about it. spending lots of time in the decents of the engine bay , pretty comfy down there.

a couple pics today . got the antiseize so i could use some stainless buttom heads on the valley cover to help clear the intake. also for some smart reason i used allen head bolts and getting them tight is a two man job for sure. for anyone else doing the hydroboost install , getting off the pedal sucks , a 18mm ratchet wrench and a 3/8 drive with 18mm shallow w/4 inch extension is key. still a pita if your a bigger person . also the ss master cylinder works just fine with the hydroboost.

did all the fuel rails plumbing and got the rails back from anodizing , injectors are in and the intake is ready to bolt on .

waiting on the knock sensor/cam sensor harness. making new battery cables tomorrow and thats pretty much it . the motor may be put in this weekend. i will be leaving for arizona for 4 days tomorrow so progress will sease for the 4th.

on to the pics

DSC02635.jpg

DSC02641.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

BIG STEP FORWARD

Thanks to phillip, aka caddypimpin. I left for the river on thursday dropped off some beer and sunday came back to this.

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

ran into a little problem , the way i have the regulator wont work as it hits the firewall so im going to bend some hardline up and make my own fittings on the rear passenger rail to push the regulator back a little . also going to have to cut the driver side fuel rail down to near the injector and cut a -8 an fitting and weld it to the rail . then use a 90 -8 female to hose then to the y. this is with the stock 105 amp alt , going to pick mine up tomorrow and make sure it will have a shot as its even bigger but should work . below you can see my issue with the smaller alt.

DSC02733.jpg

basically just have to , install alt headers, plum the fuel , i made all new battery cables that are ready to install. plum the wiring, new knock sensor/cam sensor harness. electric water pump . finish the hydroboost which should be cake. and all the little b/s . hope to have it fired by this weekend if im lucky .