Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

got most of the hydroboost install done. should get the accesories finished up tomorrow , then flywheel bolt/starter battery cable and wiring by this weekend.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well got the fuel rails all figured out had to use a 90- bulkhead near the alternator and a bulk head on the rear to move the fpr out from hitting the back of the intake and still maintaining to clear the firewall. i only had about 1/2 inch to play with back there.

now not much more progress as i just pulled my wisdom teeth and dont feel like doing a whole lot. hopefully sunday have some wiring and bolts touched up.

closefitrail.jpg

fprrear.jpg

you can see how close the fitment of these two things were. i was begining to think this intake wouldnt work with truck accesories. but a few key fittings got it done. its nice to have a place that has all the fittings in stock and in black anodized.

ran into a bit of another intake manifold problem. the bolt holes arent lining up . im about 1/8th of an inch off . when i bolt down one side the other side is about 1/8 inch firther on the heads. meaning i need to stretch the manifold over to get to line up

if you drill the holes out to extend them, will the holes be too big for the bolts? i guess it still wouldn't matter, you would still have a 1/8" gap between the intake and heads. that is what i would assume by what you are saying.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

no it would probably work if i opened the bolt holes a bit. i guess i was thrown off by obsolete. my guess is you meant oblong?

that will be my last ditch effort but id like it to fit without doing that . the guy that did the engine says he has had to do this with lsx builds before so cross my fingers.

no it would probably work if i opened the bolt holes a bit. i guess i was thrown off by obsolete. my guess is you meant oblong?

that will be my last ditch effort but id like it to fit without doing that . the guy that did the engine says he has had to do this with lsx builds before so cross my fingers.

well yeah i meant oblong but i also meant obsolete meaning, useless if the bolts just go right through the larger hole.